Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:20pm - Nov 25,10 
:helloooooo Hello all. I am new to the site. I was reffered to this site about a month ago from a very kind gentleman I met fishing montrose harbor. This site has been very informative :thanks . Great people here with great advise and tips. But with that being said... I've been fishing montrose for 2 or 3 hrz a couple dayz a week. I've been floating shrimp trying to catch my very first salmon or trout. I never catch anything but figured persistence will pay off. Sure enough on Tuesday I had arrived around 8:30 fishing in thhe harbor. It was cold! Every 15 minutez I would have to go back in the car for a few minutes to warm up. After about an hour I noticed my bobber sinking. My initial reaction was :shock holy $#%* I caaught something! Haha. I had picked up the rod and set the hook and then fish on! Had a great time fighting this fish for a bit. Finally after tiring him out I had landed my very first coho which measured 22.5 inches. When I first got there I was the only one fishing but after my first catch I had noticed about 3 or 4 people fishing next to me. I didn't like how we were the only ones there and they decided to fish so close to me. It didn't stop me from fishing though. As I was placing shrimp on my hook I noticed the bobber frm my other rod had disappeared. Set the hook and fish on! Landed an 18.5 inch coho. Threw in shrimp of both my lines again. A few minutes later fish on! Unfortunately lost him before I could even try lifting him out the water. Placed new shrimp and then fish on my other rod, fish on! I unfortunately lost him lifting him out the water. I caught 2 and lost 2 all within a 30 minute window. Not bad huh? After another half hr I had to pack up and leave to pick up my daughter from school. Sorry for the long story. Just very proud of my day of fishing and wanted to share it with everyone. I will try and post the pictures when I am get on a computer.

Environmentally Friendly Chitown Angler

Post Posted: 07:12am - Nov 26,10 
Welcome to the site.

Sounds like you were having a blast!

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 08:12am - Nov 26,10 
Great job, Fishing Cru! Way to hang in there and keep trying. Nice way to break the ice - 2 for 4 in a 1/2 hour!

Keep floating the shrimp and hopefully a steelhead will find its way into your net. The browns will start hitting soon as well (crawlers and frozen shad on a bottom rig). Then you just need your laker and king for the slam!

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 08:51am - Nov 26,10 
welcome to the site, great story because montrose is one of my most favorite place to fish!
dd

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:07am - Nov 26,10 
Nice job dude. I still remember the feeling of catching my first steelhead a week ago. Put simply, its fight will be a surprise for you to discover. Good job on those cohos and good luck.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:42pm - Nov 27,10 
Well done!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:17am - Dec 13,10 
VERY NICE!

Board index » Lake Michigan » Shore Fishing the Big Pond
Jump to: