Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:38pm - Nov 23,10 
I was at the north end of Belmont harbor on monday from 11 a.m. till about 2:30 and have nothing to show for it. Saw a couple fish roll near the corner by that little beach area, but that's it. Are any of you guys doing any good? I'm hoping to go a few more times before freeze up, but I've had a bad fall season and I'm a little rattled. Does anyone know if good coho action can be had at Burnham? I've only fished real late in the year at Belmont.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:46am - Nov 24,10 
I've done outstanding this November on coho at Diversy and a couple out-of-the-box locations. I've had my best luck with marabou jigs (mostly yellow).

That being said, even last weekend they were getting pretty scruffy, the coho season is definitly coming to an end.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:42am - Nov 24,10 
Id focus more on trout at the lakefront right now my advise is to fish the mouth of belmont harbor i have caught alit of fish there drifting a slip bobber 5 to 8 feet down there or at the pipe at burnham harbor lakeside. Bait wise id use spawn, Shrimp, medium golden roach minnows,or nightcrawlers. Anyone of those baits i have caught fish with at the lakefront. Also cast some lures to. I always bring to rods with me either i work to different baits with slipbobbers or drift a slip and cast lures on the other. :watr

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:28pm - Nov 25,10 
Hey guys, thanks for responding and also for the tips. Like I said; I was at Belmont this week with no luck. The week before, I spent a couple hours at Diversey- right at the ramp- with no takers. Saw maybe 5 rollers that night. Lately I've been drifting a nightcrawler on one rod and on another a real small jig with either a little chunk of crawler or a waxworm. This has worked well right up until new year's. And the fish weren't ratty, but actually fairly nice and robust. I'm hoping it lasts a little longer. While at Belmont this week I was out on one of the piers, and this guy comes over and goes down the ladder and onto that platform by the harbor master's lift. No tackle box or bag- just a pole. Asked him how he's doing. No response- just nods his head. Next thing I know he's laying on his belly, reaching down between the platform and the concrete wall with just the line in his hands- no rod-sighting and targeting fish that he's looking for with his face right down by the water! And he stayed that way for well over an hour. I can barely lay on my couch that long to watch a Hawks game. Unreal, with some people. I should've done my part and called someone, but would there have been a response? The season is winding down... And if YOU are that guy from Monday...go down by Fullerton next time. Maybe I'll see you guys at the harbors. John in Downers Grove.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:34pm - Nov 25,10 
jmik wrote:
Next thing I know he's laying on his belly, reaching down between the platform and the concrete wall with just the line in his hands- no rod-sighting and targeting fish .....

Might've been a snagger. I was there one year and there was this fellow who started snagging right next to me on that platform. I told him that wasn't right and he said who's going to stop me......next thing that happens, his spotter sees the boy's in blue drive by but don't stop or they didn't see him. He then puts his rod down and starts to try and snag fish under the platform with a snagging hook and mono line without a pole. after 10 minutes, he snags one. he fights it for 10 to 15 minutes and eventually pulls it in. he brings an 8 to 10 lb fish but at a cost. his hands were a bloody mess. I start laughing at him and tell him it serves him right. needless to say, he didn't come back for a while. Although, I did see him again do his normal thing but he was snagging bass in the spring.

Board index » Lake Michigan » Shore Fishing the Big Pond
Jump to: