Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:50pm - Oct 11,18 
I have never fished Burnham harbor and am planning to soon, any advise will be gratefully appreciated and accepted. I was wondering if one is allowed to fish off the docks, or is that a big no no?
Any info about parking would also be excellent. I know there is street parking and parking by the planetarium but is there parking elsewhere? Thank you for any and all advice.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:41pm - Oct 11,18 
Docks have locked gates until winter time so you won't get on the boat docks but there is a small fishing pier midway through harbor. Cheapest parking is south of planetarium on northerly island. If you plan on going a few times over 3 month period there is a fishermans permit for purchase from Henrys.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:00am - Oct 12,18 
4season angler wrote:
Docks have locked gates until winter time so you won't get on the boat docks but there is a small fishing pier midway through harbor. Cheapest parking is south of planetarium on northerly island. If you plan on going a few times over 3 month period there is a fishermans permit for purchase from Henrys.

Are you referring to the Adler lot right off Solidarity Dr which is laround $18 to park? If not, other than the fishermen's lot, all other lots seems to be restricted and not for public parking on Northerly Island. Then again, I haven't been there for a couple of years.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:25am - Oct 12,18 
babyduke wrote:
4season angler wrote:

Are you referring to the Adler lot right off Solidarity Dr which is laround $18 to park? If not, other than the fishermen's lot, all other lots seems to be restricted and not for public parking on Northerly Island. Then again, I haven't been there for a couple of years.

There is a parking lot next to the Northerly Island visitor center (close to where old traffic control tower was). $6 for under 2 hours and $15 flat rate for anything over 2. Think Adler parking is over $20 now.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:36am - Oct 14,18 
Thank you fro the advise, was going to try today but unforeseen things came up.

Board index » Lake Michigan » Shore Fishing the Big Pond
Jump to: