Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:44pm - Sep 18,10 
Hit the big H after the first batch of rain storms moved through mid day. lake was fairly flat. managed to catch two cookie cutter 21 inch muskies on a firetiger crankbait. nothing touched the black/silver crank which was the same model so considering i only caught two fish...firetiger was the 'warm' color.

caught one tossing the crankbait in the middle of a gazillion shad, the other came trolling along the rocks outside the launch.

if you're a muskie guy i'd say give it a try and key in on the bait as i saw a couple muskies just swirling their tails on the surface around the clouds of shad.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:23pm - Sep 18,10 
Might have to give it a try later this week. How was the road work getting there? Is the Lorenzo Road ramp still screwed up? My wife and I went out there two or three weeks ago and we couldn't get back onto 55 north. They detoured us south to Braidwood and had us turn around to go back north.

1993 Tracker 17' Dual Console
60HP Johnson w/ Evinrude 9.9 4-stroke kicker

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:11am - Sep 19,10 
I think it still is but if u take the frontage rd that is over 55 on lorenzo and go south u will hit wilmington. U can turn right onto 55

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:27am - Sep 20,10 
Correct I-55 North ramp is still closed. You can go South to the Left Braidwood exit then you have to swing a u-turn to get the ramp to take I-55 north OR what I think is better is to just take the frontage road past Valero and head 2 miles south then make a right at the stop sign to get back on I-55 north.

FYI, the detour signs are screwy and or non-existant.

Board index » Lakes » Cooling Lakes
Jump to: