Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 


Author
Search for:
Message

Offline
Chitown-Angler
User avatar

Joined: 02:29pm - Nov 14,06
Posts: 299
Location: Romeoville

Post Posted: 12:16pm - Sep 16,10 
Top  
Was out from 7:30am to 10:30am. Only 1 trailer when I got there and 4 when I left. The wind was crazy a red flag was out at the dock. Started out with crawler harness caught 1 very small white bass. Trolling motor could not keep up with the wind, switched to big motor with lures. Caught 2 fish 1 - 12 inch walleye on a green/orange walleye runner. the second fish was a small musky on a crawdad color glass shad rap. It got really ruff out there so headed back in. Too bad it seems like it would have been a good day for once. :(

 Profile  

Offline
Chitown-Angler
User avatar

Joined: 09:02pm - Sep 8,05
Posts: 4768
Location: Chicago

Post Posted: 05:03pm - Sep 16,10 
Top  
I thought the Red flag meant no boating.

_________________
LIFE, IS THE LEADING CAUSE OF DEATH.
STOP WISHIN' GO FISHIN'.
ONE A DA BOYZ FROM ILLINOIZ. Image
VIETNAM VETERAN U.S.A.F. 66-67

 Profile WWW  

Offline
Chitown-Angler
User avatar

Joined: 02:29pm - Nov 14,06
Posts: 299
Location: Romeoville

Post Posted: 06:36pm - Sep 16,10 
Top  
I didn't know that. No one said anything while I was there. 2 other boats where launching when I was leaving and no one said anything.

 Profile  

Offline
Chitown-Angler
User avatar

Joined: 08:56am - Jun 23,05
Posts: 1070
Location: Seneca

Post Posted: 09:11pm - Sep 16,10 
Top  
Red flag means possibly dangerous conditions, but don't put much stock in the flags out there as they are based on what the weather report forecasts for the day and are not changed during the day. I've been out there with 0 wind and a red flag, and a yellow flag which was almost torn off the post. I don't think they own a green flag :)

 Profile  

Offline
Sponsor
Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: 05:19pm - Feb 22,06
Posts: 989
Location: Chicago IL

Post Posted: 06:24am - Sep 17,10 
Top  
Yes ,ditto what riverrat says about the flags. Commen sense plays a roll there. Usally red flags they wont let any rental boats out, at least from whay I have seen.

_________________
Image

Team Ezeestep
Member, APCA

 Profile  

Offline
Chitown-Angler
User avatar

Joined: 11:42pm - Nov 21,05
Posts: 4322
Location: Batavia & Coal City, IL; 17' '85 Ranger 335-V Bass Boat w/ 115hp Evinrude. Let's go fishin'

Post Posted: 06:27am - Sep 17,10 
Top  
RiverRat wrote:
...I don't think they own a green flag :)


:D I don't fish there a lot, but now that you mention it, I don't know that I've never seen one.

What is the closing date for the season at Heidecke?

_________________
Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job. Until fish can talk, it's all just theory.
Member: Coal City Area Club & Area No. 1 Outdoor Club
:dabears2 I don't go back for hats. :red

 Profile  

Offline
Chitown-Angler
User avatar

Joined: 01:13pm - Aug 14,10
Posts: 258
Location: Downers Grove

Post Posted: 04:39pm - Sep 17,10 
Top  
Bearsfan wrote:
What is the closing date for the season at Heidecke?


According to the DNR website: "Heidecke Lake is open to fishing from April 1st until ten (10) days prior to the opening of the Central Zone waterfowl season." Central Zone Waterfowl begins Oct. 30, so I suppose that means fishing ends Oct. 20.

_________________
John from Downers Grove

1993 Tracker 17' Dual Console
60HP Johnson w/ Evinrude 9.9 4-stroke kicker

 Profile  

Offline
Chitown-Angler
User avatar

Joined: 11:42pm - Nov 21,05
Posts: 4322
Location: Batavia & Coal City, IL; 17' '85 Ranger 335-V Bass Boat w/ 115hp Evinrude. Let's go fishin'

Post Posted: 05:26pm - Sep 17,10 
Top  
Thanks John.

_________________
Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job. Until fish can talk, it's all just theory.
Member: Coal City Area Club & Area No. 1 Outdoor Club
:dabears2 I don't go back for hats. :red

 Profile  

Offline
Chitown-Angler

Joined: 06:49am - Sep 28,08
Posts: 79

Post Posted: 06:02pm - Sep 17,10 
Top  
White Rabbit wrote:
Bearsfan wrote:
What is the closing date for the season at Heidecke?


According to the DNR website: "Heidecke Lake is open to fishing from April 1st until ten (10) days prior to the opening of the Central Zone waterfowl season." Central Zone Waterfowl begins Oct. 30, so I suppose that means fishing ends Oct. 20.



I thought It was 10 days before the Nothern duck season for some reason???
I don't duck hunt anymore so what do I know!!!! If it does say open till oct.20 thats where I'll be! IF not go bow hunting :D :D

 Profile  

Offline
Chitown-Angler
User avatar

Joined: 01:13pm - Aug 14,10
Posts: 258
Location: Downers Grove

Post Posted: 07:07pm - Sep 17,10 
Top  
Big Muddy Outfitters wrote:

I thought It was 10 days before the Nothern duck season for some reason???
I don't duck hunt anymore so what do I know!!!! If it does say open till oct.20 thats where I'll be! IF not go bow hunting :D :D


I thought it was odd too but here's the link where I found it on DNR's web page: http://www.ifishillinois.org/profiles/lakes/individual_lakes/heidecke.html. What's really interesting is I checked the Waterfowl Digest from DNR and the border separating the North zone from Central is Lorenzo Road !. Now since the lake is on the north side of the road, you'd think it would be in the North Zone, but the link above is plain as day. Go figure :hmmmm

_________________
John from Downers Grove

1993 Tracker 17' Dual Console
60HP Johnson w/ Evinrude 9.9 4-stroke kicker

 Profile  

Offline
Chitown-Angler

Joined: 06:49am - Sep 28,08
Posts: 79

Post Posted: 09:20pm - Sep 17,10 
Top  
White Rabbit wrote:
Big Muddy Outfitters wrote:

I thought It was 10 days before the Nothern duck season for some reason???
I don't duck hunt anymore so what do I know!!!! If it does say open till oct.20 thats where I'll be! IF not go bow hunting :D :D


I thought it was odd too but here's the link where I found it on DNR's web page: http://www.ifishillinois.org/profiles/lakes/individual_lakes/heidecke.html. What's really interesting is I checked the Waterfowl Digest from DNR and the border separating the North zone from Central is Lorenzo Road !. Now since the lake is on the north side of the road, you'd think it would be in the North Zone, but the link above is plain as day. Go figure :hmmmm


Cool Thanks John :gpost

 Profile  

Offline
Chitown-Angler

Joined: 06:49am - Sep 28,08
Posts: 79

Post Posted: 05:42pm - Sep 18,10 
Top  
Drakebuster wrote:
Was out there this morning, sign says Oct 2nd

I think that link may need to be updated though, last I remember Heid is in the N zone for waterfowl hunting. I don't hunt there myself, so I don't recall 100% but I know DP river is North zone over there.





So how was the fishing Drake?

 Profile  

Offline
Chitown-Angler
User avatar

Joined: 08:53pm - Feb 2,08
Posts: 2181
Location: Mokena

Post Posted: 06:14pm - Sep 18,10 
Top  
I was out at the big H today to get my deer permits. Gary who works for ther IDNR told me Oct. 5th was the last day for fishing.

_________________
"Tame that water and remember to practice CPR!"
Husker Outdoors
Waterwerks fishing team
Go Big Red!

 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic Latest Topics  [ 13 posts ] 

Board index » Lakes » Cooling Lakes
Jump to:  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum