Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:11pm - Sep 11,10 
Took my buddy Chuck who hasn't got to fish much this year out to Heidecke to catch up on old times and see if we could catch some fish in the process. Started out pulling rigs and bouncers over the rocks and humps and with only dink yellows to show for it. The wind picked up which made things rough with the pulling and I wanted to get him on some fish so decided to try our luck hunting down some stripers. Went back to a couple spots where we had marked some nice shad schools and started working the area and before long we had a double in the boat.

We kept chasing the mass of stripers around and eventually we ended up with a nice one of these..

We just kept chasing the school and as soon as the mass would show up on the finder sure enough a striper would bend a line. I had just set out one of my lines and began to start on the next when in a flash, the rod I had just set flew out of the holder and into the water. In my rush to get the other pole out I had not seated it properly and away it went. I tried to grab for it but missed, but with a quick hit of the "mark" button on my GPS I knew where it had gone. We did a big circle and I told Chuck "let out as much line as you can, we are getting that pole back." And so we started dragging the area, we went back and forth over the area for about 15 min when a weight loaded up one of the poles and I began to real it in.. It was power pro line.. I started pulling on it feeling for the heavy end and soon my rod and reel appeared. We high-fived and I began to real the line in when I felt a weight on the other end, seems there was a fish on..

So I got my rig back, and a fish to boot.. not a bad day in my opinion...

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:33pm - Sep 11,10 
Fish for fish, fish for poles. Sounds like a pretty fair day in Lake Mysterio.

VIETNAM VETERAN U.S.A.F. 66-67

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:30pm - Sep 13,10 
Nice.Gunna get out there soon.What is that about a 25 :winker

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:24am - Sep 14,10 
A 25" would be nice :) Chuck lost a nice fish right at the boat, lefties have a hard time reeling in on right handed setups :(

One thing I forgot to mention is that Heidecke is super dirty - the Illinois has more visibility right now.

I hit up H at 9:30am the next day - thought I was going to limit out in no time as I got a fish as soon as I set my first line out. Measured a 16" on the nose.

Hit a bunch of stripers on the rest of the pass. Reset and came through and got a couple small walleye, but no legals, and some striped bass as well. On my third pass only got a few stripers. Started to move around but the by 10:30am the bite had died out, couldn't even pull a fish out of the huge striper schools. Was off the water by 11:30am to watch some football.

Board index » Lakes » Cooling Lakes
Jump to: