Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:00pm - Jun 19,10 
Fished open til 11:30 with buddy Raptor
Mixed bag of small fish one keeper eye from North side dragging crawlers.About 10 short eyes on the day.
Probably could have scratched out some more small keepers on north side but wind was from west down the middle of lake wich makes it hard to stay on my structure wich is not paralell to the shore.Only way to fish the way I want was into the wind,and that gets old after a few hrs.
So played a hunch and hit South side,hunch failed.
Trolled maybe hr.,Nothing
Water stirred up from rain
temp 76
Saw the captain,maybe he'll chime in.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:55am - Jun 20,10 
good report,you should of stayed north could of have dinner :D goin next week :thanks

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:56am - Jun 20,10 
Jiml,thanks for the report and didn't get to meet you at the meeting.I hope to meet you soon on the water.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:29am - Jun 20,10 
Fished with Capt. Mannerino yesterday. We put in 11 hours and worked hard at it but we always have fun when we fish together. We finished up catching 15 walleyes and 2 smallmouth and many other assorted critters. We started out north and results were pretty much the same as Jim`s. The wind started to pick up around 11 and John was getting a bit concerned about the bridge so we headed south. Fished there for a bit with no encouragement so decided to take a break and grab a sandwich at greybeards and cool off. That air conditioning felt good. After about a half hour the wind laid back and we headed north again. By this time we pretty much had the lake to ourselves. We were each a pulling floating leech rig and a slow death crawler rig. The leeches were definitely not the preferred food fair. They were getting bit but by dinks grabbing the leech and splitting. As soon as we set up on the first area the fun started and for three hrs we had a ball. AS John said in his seminar little things made a difference. You had to have a chartruese float in front of the hook and if you didn`t leave any meat loose on the hook it eliminated the short hits. Blades were a no-no. Of the 15 walleyes only one was legal but most of the others were only a couple of good meals behind. About 4 the they shut down and that was it. We poked around for another hour but by then we were both getting a bit tired. John put a lot hours fighting the wind with the trolling motor. We had a another great day fishing together. Thanks again Captain John ( SIR! ).
Tom Cooney

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:21pm - Jun 20,10 
Fished from 3-6pm today - only 1 keeper, and only eye of the day. Otherwise normal cast and crew of drum, yellows, striped, and smallmouth bass. Live bait was abused all day by the short biters, lots of rebaiting and pinching. Might be time to troll and cover some ground so you don't have to worry about the peckers.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:27am - Jun 21,10 
Thanks for the report guys.
:thanks

Go Big Red!

Sponsor
Sponsor

Post Posted: 06:12am - Jun 21,10 
River rat. I was a heart beat away from pulling bait on sat to busting out the cranks if we didnt get those fish going on that pass. The water dirtied up from the storms,wich usally makes pulling aliitle harder. You had to put it on the spot(in there face) to get fish to bite. Alittle tough in the wind for most boats.

Team Ezeestep
Member, APCA

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:25pm - Jun 21,10 
It was a father's day jam for my old man and I. My dad has never fished the h before and since he always has taken me fishing when i was a kid i thought i would do something new for him. It funny because he use to run my worms up the hook for me when i was younger. So sunday i did the same for him. We showed up at 10 am dropped in and shot over to the hump on the southside near the bridge. Since i cant get over to the northside we worked that area hard for about two hrs. We pulled worm with 10ft leaders and 11/2 oz bouncers up and down the ledges only to catch whites, yellows, and small eyes. The cloud cover was hanging and the birds were flying. That tells me the eyes should be on the search and spread out through the lake. So i fired up the kicker and we longlined number 4 and 5 shad raps. As soon as we dialed in the right speed and length of our baits it didnt take long before we started nailing keeper eyes 16 inchers after 16incher. AS we came along the point and watched those little baits smacking bottom bam it hits and nice 19 incher. My dad was pumped at this point. He wanted to bring two home for dinner to share with my mom so i had my work cut out for me. I turned around and trolled again the same speed and length. Bam another 19 this one was alot chunker then the other one. My job was done and my old man was smiling. The sun came out and everything went flat so we left by 2pm. Good fathers day and to all those fathers who went out yesterday happy fathers day to u to.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:39pm - Jun 21,10 
Had a great Fathers Day, hooked up with my life long bud "Moe", we used to fish and hunt most weekends, but that was before the wife and kids. Now this was our first trip in my boat in 4 years....... need to change that record.
Finished the day with 15 crappie.....fished from 6 til 11, last hour and half were fairly slow, minnows on slip floats in 6-9 FOW or tossing a drop shot up on the ledges and dragged down the ledge. All on the South side as I didn't want to crowd Reborn, Mannerino and Cooney....... leave those walleyes for the pro's.
looking forward to next weekend, may try the perchies on the Big lake, if the wind is right.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:45pm - Jun 21,10 
Good job Toothy!
Getnany you are the crappie pro!

Sponsor
Sponsor

Post Posted: 05:58am - Jun 22,10 
You guys can crowd me anytime!!! I never have a problem with that.( jig the il river and you lose that secret spot thing!!) One thing I do have a problem is when somebody see`s you fishing and he runs the shoreline where your fishing with the boat at WOT. Came between me and the shore. Fricken bass guys!!!! Had that happen on saturday. Thats ok, I know the boat and I will return the favor some day. Its a big lake and there is no need to do that.

Team Ezeestep
Member, APCA

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:59pm - Jun 22,10 
If anybody ever has an open seat on a weekend or week night... I never have fished Heidecke and wouldn't mind taking a stab at it. I don't have a boat and that is the main reason I have not fished there yet. Do they have boat rentals there? Send me a PM if you need an extra. Thanks in advance... I'll buy lunch or a 12 pack of your favorite beverage.

Board index » Lakes » Cooling Lakes
Jump to: