Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:24pm - May 15,19 
If you are missing trailer license plate 6731 KS (TA) it is sitting in 6' fow of water on the third launch at Heidecke - tried to get it with the net but only made things worse. Will see if it is there tomorrow and make a more determined effort to get it if I can.

On another note, Heidecke has cleared up enough where seeing 6' down is a normal thing - really screwed up my program, and going to have to learn some new ways to fish the place.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:43am - May 16,19 
why is it that clear? Zebras?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:01pm - May 16,19 
I would think it has to be zebras.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:24pm - May 16,19 
Ya, I noticed the same thing the last couple times I was out. When we hooked crappies you would see them almost immediately swimming below you. However, even with the clear water we were getting the crappies in 6-8 feet directly below the boat on Saturday. The clearer water just means that wind and clouds will be even more important than they always have been.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:15pm - May 17,19 
This is normal for heidecke at this time of year. It lasts for a short time and then will start to bloom up. It can vary a little in just how clear and for how long. I know of other lakes that get clear for this time period as well. Crazy because at heidecke it can be like looking into an aquarium.

On a positive note, the hybrid striper stocking only took a 1 year hiatus. Stocking is back to normal. I do wish they stocked musky every year the fish per trap net is extremely low compared to other musky lakes.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:53pm - May 17,19 
I wish they would plant some vegetation like Cabbage weed or other desirable edge forming breaks. Not to mention gill netting some of the carp out there.

Sponsor
Sponsor

Post Posted: 06:41pm - May 17,19 
Dnr has been trying to plant there for years. The base of clay and shale are preventing anything from grabbing.

Team Ezeestep
Member, APCA

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:04pm - May 21,19 
Hundreds upon hundreds up in the rip rap doing their thing now. Could easily fill the asian carp semi they have down at Stratton Park.

Maybe close if for a week and let the bow fisherman have at it :)

Some fish structure like they did at Braidwood would be nice - I know there used to be quite a bit of "rouge" structure planted out there but most of that is gone now. I did see one snagged and put into a boat, don't know why someone who do that, maybe they thought they were cleaning up the lake lol.

Board index » Lakes » Cooling Lakes
Jump to: