Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:38pm - Oct 26,17 
Has anyone been fishing Clinton Lake this time of year? Have the day off tomorrow and am considering making the drive out and launching the boat in search of hybrids and crappie. Have fished Heidecke a ton for hybrids, but have never been to Clinton Lake- have heard good things though. Just thought i would see if anyone had any thoughts if it would be worth the 2 and a half hour drive before making the decision. Delavan Lake would be the fall back option... Thanks in advance for any comments

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:49pm - Oct 26,17 
Thought the same thing for this weekend. Looked at it but have not fished it yet. Bump

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:20pm - Oct 26,17 
Depending on the water temp, last I heard was at full power so might be warm. So that being said the fish could be anywhere. By the bridge or the rocks by shore and the creek channel is where I would start.

Chitown-Angler

Location: Herscher, IL Ranger 620, Mercury 200 Optimax Pro XS, Mercury 15HP 4 Stroke Kicker

Post Posted: 07:22am - Oct 27,17 
I fish it every weekend. I have a camper on a permanent spot down there. White bass have never really got going great but still catching some just not high numbers. Fish DeWitt bridge to Mascoutin and IP beach area. Crappie are getting better everyday. The last couple weekends big numbers of 7-8 inch fish with some keepers mixed in just have to keep moving. Crappie are hitting everywhere on the lake from Mascoutin to IP anywhere from 3-12 fow. More fish on minnows but getting some on jigs also. Water temps were anywhere from 74-68 deg but would guess with the cooler nights have dropped close to 5 deg. Stop at Ol Joes bait shop in DeWitt he will point you in the right direction.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:45am - Oct 30,17 
Beer, Did you end up getting out? Anything? Had Honey-do this weekend, no fishing.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:29am - Oct 30,17 
Ended up going to the Illinois river from Starve rock instead. It was brutally cold so were only on the water for about an hour. Could not get anything to bite before heading in

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:59pm - Oct 30,17 
[quote="walleyeman"]I fish it every weekend. I have a camper on a permanent spot down there. White bass have never really got going great but still catching some just not high numbers. Fish DeWitt bridge to Mascoutin and IP beach area. Crappie are getting better everyday. The last couple weekends big numbers of 7-8 inch fish with some keepers mixed in just have to keep moving. Crappie are hitting everywhere on the lake from Mascoutin to IP anywhere from 3-12 fow. More fish on minnows but getting some on jigs also. Water temps were anywhere from 74-68 deg but would guess with the cooler nights have dropped close to 5 deg. Stop at Ol Joes bait shop in DeWitt he will point you in the right direction.[/qu

Is the plant running? I like it when the water is around 55.
TIA

Chitown-Angler

Location: Herscher, IL Ranger 620, Mercury 200 Optimax Pro XS, Mercury 15HP 4 Stroke Kicker

Post Posted: 08:07am - Oct 31,17 
Plant is running. Water temp was 58-60 where I was fishing last weekend.

Not sure where this is taken at on the lake my guess would be the plant inlet.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:34pm - Oct 31,17 
[quote="walleyeman"]Plant is running. Water temp was 58-60 where I was fishing last weekend.

Not sure where this is taken at on the lake my guess would be the plant inlet.

Thanks for the link. I did not know it was monitored.

Board index » Lakes » Cooling Lakes
Jump to: