Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:51pm - Nov 9,10 
Guys, new to this forum. I've been fishing the Chicago area for 40 years. I'm only 48, started with a plastic rod and reel in the bathtub, don't laugh, I'm sure I'm not the only one. Looking for a fishing partner. I belong to South Wilmington Sportsman's Club, and have been going there for oh, about 40 years. Excellent fishing, just stocked about 3 weeks ago with the rainbow's, fall stocking 5-6 pounders as usual, only one lake stocked though, late start, duck season, blah blah blah, I know what lake though it's no secret....Wanted a boat this year, but the boss, the big WIFI, says no...Big walleye being caught again from what I here, and it was stocked maybe 2 years ago with big stripers, I was there the day after the stocking and I saw some of the stripers belly up in the shallows on the beach, those that didn't take, there were 2-3 lb. fish dying....I saw a lot on the stringers too that fall, late fall, now time. I live in Tinley Park, who out there wants to go fishing at a kick but private club?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:03pm - Nov 9,10 
By the way, for those youngsters, a cowallskie, they took a coho and crossed it with a walleye, and called it a cowall, it was a mean fighting fish, they took that cowall, and crossed it with a muskie, and called it a cowallskie, it was the ultimate predator, but it didn't know how to swim....

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:14pm - Nov 9,10 
i am out in oak forest and would love a kick butt club

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:41pm - Nov 9,10 
A good friend of mines dad had a trailer there...till a few months ago. poof up in smoke!!!

Keep your stick on the ice!!!-----Red Green

Proud son of a Civilian Conservation Corps. member and following in his footsteps!

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 07:08am - Nov 10,10 
Welcome to the site and GLGF!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:15am - Nov 10,10 
Cowallski,

If you wanna do some bass fishing out there next spring, let me know. Got boat, will travel. If you're going to do some ice fishing and looking for some company, shoot me a PM. Good fishing.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 09:34am - Nov 10,10 
welcome to the sight. im sure you'll make a lot of good friends and fishing buddies here as we all have. welcome
denny duck

Chitown-Angler

Location: Batavia & Coal City, IL; 17' '85 Ranger 335-V Bass Boat w/ 115hp Evinrude. Let's go fishin'

Post Posted: 05:19pm - Nov 10,10 
Welcome to the site Cowallskie.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:42pm - Nov 11,10 
Hey Cowallskie
Just like you, I have been fishing since I was old enough to hold a pole. Just turned 51 and pretty much just love to fish. I have busy life as a business owner but usually get in a few out of state trips each year and quite a few local trip with my friends. Had a boat on LM for 25 years and sold it three years ago to be able to find new adventures in fishing. WSC soundslike a new adventure and an opprtunity to make a new friend. I do a lot of CPR now and would enjoy meeting you and seeing your Sportsmans Club.
If your interested you can PM me.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:32pm - Nov 11,10 
Cowallskie says FishOn!

Hopefully Saturday...

Seriously, I am having one heck of a time navigating here. I have messages in my E-mail in box and I have messages in my Chi-Town Angler inbox and I cannot respond to any of them.
I have messages stuck in my outgoing box but they won't go to my sent box. I'll figure it out, trust me....

Back to fishing...

South Wilmington. excellent fishing, whether now or in the fall, I prefer now, rainbow's just stocked, water colder, walleye active too...

One bad thing, duck season, majority of the lakes closed to boaters, unless you're hunting..
For those who've never seen, they have a lot of duck blinds lining the shore lines. I swear, some of these duck blinds look like rustic hotels.

I went last Sunday fishing. Froze my but off because it was real early, only stayed for 20 min. Guy got a buck that Saturday, 10 point, 250 lb plus, was still hanging Sunday from a tree. Huge!!!
I was totally impressed and have pictures on my cell phone for those non believers....

Ice fishing there, SUPERB, to the point I have a brand new Marcum LX-5 and Jiffy XT-31 still in the box waiting for the hard water, wife thinks I'm nuts....

I'm going Sat., serious persons only please, ping me directly or call me and leave a vm if I am not available.

An*l persons please not respond. I am 48, former marine, have a wife and 3 kids in Tinley school district, and I like a cold beer, if you're not compatible, don't ask to go fishing with me..

Email and telephone information removed by staff per site policies.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 12:40pm - Nov 14,10 
Messages in your outbox just means they were sent by you and not read by the recipient yet. When they get read, they'll move to your sent box. Welcome to the site.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 01:14pm - Nov 14,10 
cowallskie wrote:
By the way, for those youngsters, a cowallskie, they took a coho and crossed it with a walleye, and called it a cowall, it was a mean fighting fish, they took that cowall, and crossed it with a muskie, and called it a cowallskie, it was the ultimate predator, but it didn't know how to swim....

BTW, If you crossed a Killer whale with a Cowalskie, you'd have a Killer "Kowalskie"- ah, geez- he was before your time... :oops:

You probably need 10 posts to retrieve and send pm's-

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:35pm - Jan 8,11 
Hi and welcome Cow.

VIETNAM VETERAN U.S.A.F. 66-67

Profile WWW  

Board index » Welcome to Chitown! » Members First Cast
Jump to: