Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:24pm - Jul 20,14 
Here's something for some of you more serious carp anglers. I've always used corn for carp and have been doing pretty well, but I want to know if boilies out-fish corn. Can some of you weigh the pros and cons of both corn and boilies? Also, if I am using boilies, would I need to use other boilies to chum, or can I just use my normal chum mix?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:54pm - Jan 24,15 
no ideas here

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:23pm - Jan 24,15 
I am not the expert but there is a place called Wacker bait 22nd St. in Weschester or maybe a little east of that not sure (google it) They are dedicated to carp fishing.it is a very cool shop to go to. Boilies can be a little pricey for chum. I get a bag of mix and make them into small balls and toss them.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:50am - Jan 25,15 
Boilies are effective, and you can make your own. A good recipe is thundermist lures boilie recipe on youtube. Boilies need to be chummed, but carp love them if you go to a place where corn and bread are overused. Sadly, the homemade usually last a week, but fishing is good with them. Professional boilies are expensive and not worth it, if you are going to under fished carp spot with boilies.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:55pm - Mar 13,16 
Wacker is on Roosevelt (12th Street) East of 17th in Broadview. Make your own boilies as mentioned, but add some strawberry Jumex nectar.
waxworm53

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:13am - Mar 14,16 
Seems to me that if you are going for numbers of fish, corn seems to work better. My bigger carp seem to come on boilies, and this is also what many carp anglers that are more experienced have confirmed. Most of the time boilies are left out the chum, but dont be afraid to mix some in for the heck of it. If you have a couple rods set one up with corn and one up with boilies and see what happens!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:14am - Mar 14,16 
Thanks wax, I stand corrected. It's been a while since I was there. It is a great little shop.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:40pm - Mar 14,16 
Admitting my ignorance; what are boilies? Cooked corn in a ball or somethign like that?

Board index » Species Specific » Fishing Odds and Ends
Jump to: