Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:16pm - Oct 20,10 
Well did the same thing again today. Had about 20 minnows left from yesterday...at 6am 12 minnows 8 floaters..ARRRRGGG!!! Hit the lake at 6:40...3 cars in front of me. Got the spot I wanted and in 5 minutes i get a hit...a perch...one less minnow! Hooked up with a nice bow at 7:15....another at 7:45...another at 8:15...the last one came at 9am. Missed a bunch of hits!!! Theres 4 on the stringer at 9am...hmmm...home early? NOPE....missed a few more ran out of bait!!! Scrounged around found some used power bait and the guy 30 feet over gave me 2 freeze dried minnows. Had 6 other hits but couldnt convert on the freeze dried things...they were a little big...one hit on the power bait. If it wasnt for the fact that i wanted to try and get another limit...i would have left when I ran out of bait. Ended the day with 4 trout, caught 2 perch and 1 gill....the trout came home...the others went back in the lake. The size tally today was:

1@ 11 1/2 1@ 12 1/2 1@ 13 1/2 1 @ 14

Man what a size difference between the 11 1/2 and the 12 1/2...one inch made quite a difference in the overall size/weight!!!

Very interesting thing happened...so when i got down to 4 minnows I figured I would use 1 pole so i had a better chance to convert. Had another dead minnow so For giggles i put it on and casted it out. Fish #3 13 1/2 came on the dead minnow!!! the bite was hot between 7 -10am!!!

Keep your stick on the ice!!!-----Red Green

Proud son of a Civilian Conservation Corps. member and following in his footsteps!

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 02:37pm - Oct 20,10 
You shouldn't be getting all greedy. I thought about calling you around 7:30 to see if you went out there. I stuck around the house and did some household chores and then went to my mom's to help get stuff ready for winter there. I also drove out to Antioch to return the Advertiser Paper that somehow got dropped on my driveway.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:09pm - Oct 20,10 
Well...your nor supposed to waste things right? I had minnows....have to use them, not let them go to waste! a second note...when things were slow at the end, i did pick up some trash!!!

Keep your stick on the ice!!!-----Red Green

Proud son of a Civilian Conservation Corps. member and following in his footsteps!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:42pm - Oct 20,10 
So whats you're recommended arsenal for the trout Kevin and Frank?

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 07:06pm - Oct 20,10 
Pick up trash and live a wholesome life and use minnows 3' under a bobber

Board index » Species Specific » Fishing Odds and Ends
Jump to: