Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:39pm - Apr 14,10 
well the morning didnt start off great. Was supposed to meet Popeye at the lake and i was planning on getting there b4 6am. I left the house at 5:10....plenty of time to get bait and drive there. OPPPS....triangle doesnt open till 6!!!!!!!! Same thing when I went to Sorensons! They both open at 5am on the weekends...but not on Wednesday!!!! Some start....glad the finish was better!!

Arrived at the lake at 6:40..Pops is already fishing as he had some minners.....But just a little off of where he needed to be....I'll take the blame for that...for being late! Somebody was already in the "spot" so we fished on either side. Popeye had the worse end of the deal. i was closer to the honey hole. didnt take long and I miss 2 bites...then boom...fish on!! Wasnt what i was expecting....10" rainbow. Missed another bite...then fish on again. WTF is this an albino? Nope....beautiful golden trout 10 1/2 inches...Pops has a pic showing the coloration that he will post. Things are lookin up here? I proceeded to miss 2 more bites.

Well the guy in the "spot" finally leaves as he wasnt getting any bites. Popeye moved over and we proceeded to miss some more fish. I missed 8 bites today....not good!

Popeye worked last night so he left about 10:30. within 5 mins...boom...whoa this is a nice one. Nice 16 1/4" rainbow. Hmmm 3 and its not 11 yet....we talking limit? about a 1/2 hr later caught another smaller rainbow about 11 inches. thats 4...hmmm. wind picks up...hard to cast...bobber will not stay long in the strike zone. Well waited till 12:15 boom...fish on..this ones a hog...jumped a few times....taking drag...takes a big run and SNAP...there goes the line. DARN IT...that was the limit!!! a little upset...gets a little windier. its now 12:55...there goes the bobber...fish on....what a fighter...nice 16 1/2 inch rainbow!!!!

Time to go...got my 5....1st time !!!!! Geo finally gets the limit!!!! pics to come edited this post after I measured the fish...i was close...though originally!!

Keep your stick on the ice!!!-----Red Green

Proud son of a Civilian Conservation Corps. member and following in his footsteps!

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 04:26pm - Apr 14,10 
Sorry for the late post. Like Geo said, I werked last night and after being out in the fresh air for about 4 beautiful (albeit a bit chilly) I really needed a nap. Wish I was a betterer picture taker as that Golden Trout sure was purdy.

Of course as soon as I got home my wife told me the printer wouldn't print and the diagnostic said it was disconnected so I had to troubleshoot that (nothing rebooting everything couldn't fix???). So while I'm under the computer desk checking out the cables my phone rings (mind you, I'm home for less than 5 minutes) and it's Kevin calling. I had to call him back (like 5 minutes later) and he's gotten 2 more since I left. Figures. Anyhow, it was good to get out and wet a line with you Kev.

Oh, and Kevin can't stand still when the fish aren't biting either. During the lulls in the action, he must have picked up a bushel basket worth of other people's discarded crap and walked a whole 50' to put it in the trash can.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:35pm - Apr 14,10 
Well Popeye...I did PROMISE to pick up trash every time I was out.....it was only 4 trips to the trash can!

Sounds like some good karma for that happened today!

Proud son of a Civilian Conservation Corps. member and following in his footsteps!

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 05:35pm - Apr 14,10 
My dinner tonight. And boy was it worth the wait.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:54pm - Apr 14,10 
Chicken Fried steak!!!!!!! you did mention that.....did you dream about too while you took your nap?

no wonder you fixed the printer....didnt want to take a chance your wife would be pissed and wouldn't make the CFS?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:17pm - Apr 14,10 
Ok, you two guys are like Abbot and Castelo!

:rotflmao :rotflmao

But having that kind of fun makes the day worthwhile.

Way to go!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:05pm - Apr 15,10 
well...heres a pic of yesterdays good fortune.....check out the golden trout in the middle! pretty cool looking huh?

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 10:10pm - Apr 15,10 
Nice bunch of fish! That golden almost looks as yummy as the Chicken Fried Steak! Just need some secret sauce on it! :D

Environmentally Friendly Chitown Angler

Post Posted: 03:08am - Apr 16,10 
That golden trout is a beauty.

Board index » Species Specific » Fishing Odds and Ends
Jump to: