Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:32pm - Jul 13,09 
Growing up as a youngster,with a river not more than 30 yards from my backyard,sometimes alot closer than that,during high water periods,was quite a gift.Even considering that this river I speak of was the "Little Cal" still offered a young man much adventure!Unfortunately ,even though I loved to fish,I wrote this river off as unfishable!Too polluted I told myself.A recent family re-union,brought me to its shores on saturday.Although,I did'nt have intentions to fish that day,a friend had a pole in his car with some limited tackle,and asked if I thought there was a chance to catch anything in Ole'Stinky.This is one fish that succombed to bread,on a tightline rig.Sure maybe some laughed as I proudly showed her for all to see,however no one was grinning wider than me!This is my first attempt at posting a pic,hope I get it right!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:21pm - Jul 13,09 
:fisch what kinda tackle do u recomend? what kinda bait do u need 2 catch a WANKA like that 1? we need 2 hook up & go fishing some time!?!?!?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:20am - Jul 14,09 
Nice! I live on a little pond here in Naperville and have recently had some fun with some buds drinking buds and fishing for them big boys. They put up a heck of a fight. Since it's a pond I just toss some corn out and use bread with maybe a little vanilla extract on it for flavor. Get you some Walmart Wheat (the cheap stuff) not white. It stays on the hook better and they seem to like it.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:07am - Jul 14,09 
Congrats on your catch.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:35pm - Jul 14,09 
Its ironic that my first post with a pic,has gotta be one of these fish.I have to admit I enjoy catching carp,and it seems that I dedicate more time fishing for them as the years go by.Try as I might,I realize the possibility of catching a ten pound bass around here,just isn't geographically possible.A ten pound or better carp however,easily achievable!Good Luck to all you carpers out there!

Board index » Species Specific » Fishing Odds and Ends
Jump to: