Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:24pm - May 20,10 
Well went out to erie to drop the boat off and bring the trailer back for some repairs. Thought we would hit the water today before returing home. Beatiful day on the water, light winds good temperature, marked the most fish i ever have there. Like 10-12 marks on the graph at one time, all morning. But for the bad news, not one stinksing hit. the water looked like a wendy's frosty, you couldn't see one inch. A little cleaner water in 17 feet, but absolutely no marks there. Unless major cleaning happens,by weekend it will be tough. Talked to guys trolling, drifting, slow trolling all kinds, not one report of a fish caught. Well if the water clears for memorial day weekend, it should be on fire. Well heading back next Thursday-Monday. Anyone gonna be in the area of Turtle creek give a shout and well have a cold one. Good fishing.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 05:30am - May 21,10 
The boy & I will be out there next weekend. Either the reef complex or the islands - actually, it will be where ever the guys at the Fisherman's Wharf tell us to go! The boy likes to fish sheepshead - :silly :silly - more of a battle, so who knows what and where we will be....

Shoot me a pm with your info if you would like to work together.

Green Machine

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 05:53am - May 21,10 
John
Since the youngster enjoys the sheepshead, bring some 1/4 oz jigs and some platics to drag/skip along the bottom.
He may catch some smallies in between all the sheephead hits.
He will have a blast with a spin cast or spinning outfit.
Good luck

ps If ya need some jigs with the hot color and hook size, there is a guy located not far from work that would more than happy to get the youngster hooked up. :winker

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:51am - May 21,10 
hey greenmachine, well be at Fenwick marina I have a trailer there and a slip in the marina, we target walleyes, mostly trolling, but we do drift if condition suit it. I'll try and send you a pm so we can exchange cell numbers. we usually hit straight out near west sister. But will travel to the fish when needed. Last year we were running 16-17 miles one way over the summer, hopefully the lake clears and those fish are still stacked where we saw them yesterday.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 04:38pm - May 22,10 
MikeF wrote:
ps If ya need some jigs with the hot color and hook size, there is a guy located not far from work that would more than happy to get the youngster hooked up. :winker

Thanks for the offer Mike. I'll give you a call when I can find a night to get over there.

Green Machine

Board index » Species Specific » Walleye ~ Sauger
Jump to: