Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:35pm - Apr 3,05 
Hey everyone,

I started off at the little channel/marina across the street from CJ's. I was using ice jigs tipped with waxies about a foot below a float. Tons of gills in the shallows. Fished for about 20min before getting kicked out. Lots of action. I got about 15 ok sized crappies with 2 really big females being 12in+. Also got 6-7 good gills. Went to the bridge in ackermans, nothing. Then to the dead end channel. GILLS, GILLS , GILLS!!! They were everywhere. About 200-300 just around the pier I was fishing. However they were smaller sized and I had trouble hooking them. No crappies. I saw a few bass hanging in the shallows and some carp but I didnt bother.

Mike

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:52pm - Apr 3,05 
Mike,

On Channel there is a boathouse that I marked on the map, this spot rocks at this time of the year.

There is a grumpy old man that will try and chase you off but as long as you don't step on his pier there is no problem. He yells at you from the boathouse window.

Every time jpulver and I stop by there at this time of the year good size gills all over. You can't miss it, it's right in the elbow on the far end with a T pier.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:27am - Apr 14,05 
I was out on a channel off route 12 sunday also. Took 3 drum 2 in the 18" range, 1 nice perch, big for the chain, a few small bass and a bluegill. My bud picked up a few nice crappies and a 20" cat. Minnows for the crappies worked...but crawlers seemed better for the other fish

Keep your stick on the ice!!!-----Red Green

Proud son of a Civilian Conservation Corps. member and following in his footsteps!

Board index » Lakes » Fox Chain
Jump to: