Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:51am - Mar 30,05 
Currently the water is especially low with the drawback and everything. But we are expecting heavy rains today and some more tomorow. Will this bring up the water and trigger the fish into biting? I usually fish the bridge in Ackermans Channel next to Captains this time of year and normally slam the walleye, crappie, and white bass but I havent had a single bite so far. With the water levels there is little to no current and I'm hoping this rain will help improve things greatly. Also, I've been thinking about fishing the rt 12 bridge from shore. Has anyone had any luck yet? What are the best setups to use?

Mike

Chitown-Angler

Location: South Elgin, IL :: 04' Blue 1700 Lund Explorer, 115 4-stroke Yammie

Post Posted: 10:16am - Mar 30,05 
Funny,
I've been thinking the same thing. Does it get pretty dangerous out there due to the drawdown, as far as navigating?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:11am - Mar 30,05 
I haven't a clue. I'm boatless so I fish from shore. The only channels I've ever fished were Ackermans and that deep dead end channel wedged in between. I consider myself an expert shorefisherman however. I've caught countless carp, channel cats, bluegill, crappie, bullhead, white bass, drum, walleye, and largemouth bass in these channels. Last year I landed quite a few walleyes over 20in, one being 26in. I even managed a small northen pike. This time of year seems to be the best but I havent caught anything yet this year. I dont know whats up. My only guess is the water is so low, nothing is able to move in these channels and they are all holed up.

Mike

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:14am - Mar 30,05 
Navigation can be a bit tricky, but but as long as you are smart about it and aren't fishing off an offshore cigarette boat going from spot to spot at 100mph it is ok :lol: The water temp was slowly starting to rise a bit which would move the crappie and maybe the walleye out of the deeper water and into their pre-spawn beds but with this front coming through, it will surely move them back in to the deep stuff. I was hoping this weather would hold, so we can get the water temp up some. The chain obviously is not a deep body of water, so they aren't down too deep.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:10pm - Mar 30,05 
ya, right now it is very cold. Your best bet is to fish small or shallow areas of water and really slow. Although with these last couple of days being warm and sunny, things are getting promiseing. I managed 5 gills in an hour at a pond off of worms, so not to bad. but the bigger bodies of water are still relatively cool, so be patient, and work slow.

Board index » Lakes » Fox Chain
Jump to: