Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:53pm - Feb 25,05 
I have recently moved to the are from the DC area. Would anyone help me with advice for Northern's this spring? I purchased a book that said the "chain-0-lakes" should be good. Lots of water. I was always told the northwestern coners were best. Is this true here as well?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:33pm - Feb 25,05 
ya, and fishing from 6 or 7 PM till 9AM is your best odds on the weekends, and any time during the week. You ask why, well, recreation boating is at an all time high, and they flock to the chain during the weekends. But seriously, I do not know if the lakes are open all night or not, I think they are, but I have never personally fished there, and I do believe it is public land, not state land, which would mean you can do what ever 24/7/365. But dont worry, there is a lot of guys that fish the chain that will get back to ya. And, let me be the second to say, Welcome to chi-town, and welcome to the site!

(Marc, I know you probably beat me.)

Support Staff

Location: SW Florida, Smokercraft 192 Ultima,115 4 stroke Mercury.

Post Posted: 12:05pm - Feb 26,05 
Sothern Wisconsin Lakes are loaded with Pike, Geneva, Delevan, Camp, Silver, and Center Lakes.
Fairly easy to catch, although most are Hammerhandles, with an occasional big one.
Hey forgot to mention " Welcome to the Site"! :D

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:26pm - Feb 26,05 
You can fish the chain all night. Ive only done it a few times. Lots of nice cats and walleyes though...couple of muskies but never a pike. I guess I would catch more if i would target them...

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:46pm - Mar 1,05 
Yes, the chain is "open" 24 hours, but the launch you use may not be. Example is the "free" launch at the Chain-o-lakes state park. It opens at 5:30 -6:00 am and you need to be out of there at sundown or they charge you about $10 for keeping your rig there overnight.

They do have a 25mph speed limit after sundown.

The biggest pike I got out of there was a 36 incher a few years ago. I was targeting Musky, but I'll take it.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:26pm - Mar 7,05 
If you want proof of Northern Pike in the Chain O Lakes, check my avatar or the latest post in the '15 Minutes of Fame CLTV' section. Good friend of mine caught a 40 1/2", 18 pound Northern this past Sunday in a channel that leads to Pistakee Lake. Fish channels in the spring, right after ice out, and for the following 4-6 weeks.

Keep your stick on the ice!!!-----Red Green

Proud son of a Civilian Conservation Corps. member and following in his footsteps!

Board index » Lakes » Fox Chain
Jump to: