Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:45pm - Jun 6,16 
I got out of work early on Friday, and headed up to the Chain. My buddy was still hurting from taking a fall last weekend; so, we left the musky gear at the house and opted to fish for Walters. We found a point with a little bit of a wind break and started casting to the weed line in 10 feet of water. Buddy was using an orange jig head with a night crawler, and I was using a white-pearl Jig-a-Whopper spoon with a night crawler piece. The drum and white bass kept us busy, but over two and a half hours we were able to put 19 walleyes in the boat, only two keepers though @14"and 16.75". The spoon out-produced the jig 3:1 for walleyes, and produced two bluegills over 10". Action slowed around 5:30 so we packed it up and I was dropped off at the launch. Buddy went back out for sunset, and was only able to put two walleyes in the boat using the spoon.

Pannie Popper

I practice catch and release. Catch and release into the grease.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:29pm - Jun 6,16 
Nice going. I plan on getting out Wednesday to either Heidecke or Shabbona. I have only been to Shabbona once this year so I am leaning that way however until the Shad really take off at Heidecke that is my favorite.

Phil

Semper Fidelis
and
God Bless America

Board index » Lakes » Fox Chain
Jump to: