Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:28am - Mar 31,16 
We started by trolling the channel out of the state park pulling blade baits. After several passes and nothing to show for it we motored over to Marie to try our luck there. Started by pulling blade baits then switching up to jointed Shad Raps and Flicker minnows same results -nada. So then we headed south to Pistakee searching for the spring pan fish bite. We found them in 4-7 fow and holding tight to structures and wood. Smaller green horizontal jigs tipped with super glow nano fry was the ticket. Denny tipped his with meat and I worked mine plain. With a very nice average size to the gills and a few bulls at 10+ inches and crappie to 12.5 inches we spent the next 2 hours filling the live well. After arriving back at Denny's house we where greeted with excellent BLT sandwiches made by Denny's better half Eileen.
Day 2 we started off where we ended the day before and proceeded to pick off a nice batch of keepers again mixed in with the occasional down pour. Off the water by 1:30 pm and headed home with my bounty packed on ice. All in all a great time on the chain. Thanks Duck!!!!!

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 10:12am - Mar 31,16 
damn Ross one of us has got to be less proficient at catching fish, cleaning pannies for 3 hours sure isnt as much fun as catching them LOL. Eileen said we have to throw some thing on the smoker next time you come up we are to much work. LOL seems between me and you and Tim and Jessie we ate 4 lbs of bacon? those young boys are wolves for sure.be sure and order more of those green jigs up the crappy sure liked that body style. water was still too cold for grass and marie but they should be ready to pop any day soon , pleasure haven you up looken forward to next week to chasen them eyes.
DD

Board index » Lakes » Fox Chain
Jump to: