Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:56am - Jul 29,14 
Thinking about hitting the chain with my brother in law on Thursday, Since last week's sun times report said eyes were on lake Marie, I was wondering if there's somewhere to launch on Marie, or do I have to launch out of the state park? I haven't fished the chain in probably 15 years, since I went with my dad when I was a kid. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:59am - Jul 29,14 
Barnacle Bobs

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:21am - Jul 29,14 
Was at the my boat yesterday water was very dirty but should clear up alittle..fishing was tough didnt see much going on id launch at cj smiths on grass lake rd..then you can fish the... channel between cj and bluff....

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:36am - Jul 29,14 
Either Bob's or CJs. CJs is best if the wind kicks up from the wrong direction.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 08:42am - Jul 29,14 
Bobs for sure puts right in front of the center bar and gives you immediate access to start fishing or trolling 100 yds from the dock, also they make a mean Breakfast and lunch . make sure you get a card with his number on it so you can order what you want from the boat and it will be ready by the time you hit the dock. plus bobs has live bait and security you wont find at the state park.
DD

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:02pm - Jul 29,14 
Yeah, I was pretty much thinking Barnacle Bob's. Thanks for all the info guys. It's pretty tough trolling out of my old fish and ski bass boat, so I'm kind hoping for a decent drift. Though I'll give trolling a shot if I have to. Any reports between now and Thursday, or just some general advice would also be appreciated.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:12pm - Jul 29,14 
Also, what's the deal with a chain boating permit? Do they still do short term permits (Like a one day or three day or something)? Does Barnacle Bob's or Triangle sell them? Or do I have to go somewhere else?

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 07:21pm - Jul 29,14 
Here is a link to the fox waterway site, it will tell you what you need to know. http://www.foxwaterway.com/ Up to 25 ft $15.00 for a one day permit.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:19am - Jul 30,14 
A heads up about Barnacle Bob's- nice people, good food and all but if you are chasing 'eyes or Muskie with live bait be aware they do not stock leeches or suckers. A stop at Triangle or your favorite bait vendor perhaps is in order! CJ Smith's does carry leeches but then you may as well launch there.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 06:25pm - Jul 30,14 
I got leeches from BB last week, also only launch on the chain with one day passes. Hate to load him up with newbies as it can get pretty crowded. Great guy long time on the chain. Fished there yesterday 7/29 took about 20 whitebass,a couple crappies, lost something big after 5 minutes near the boat, likely a ski, had two other bite offs. trolled Marie, Channel and Catherine.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:34pm - Jul 31,14 
When I fished out of BB's at the beginning of the month Tom told me he didn't stock leeches because they didn't sell. Things change. Leeches are definitely the go to bait for that part of the chain if you are seeking' Eyes.

Board index » Lakes » Fox Chain
Jump to: