Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:34pm - Jul 9,14 
Got a call from DD asking to join him on a last boat trip to the chain before he migrates south. Angel and myself got to the ducks house around 5 am or so and we made our way north to try and get Angel to tango with a ski, the skies look grim but the rain let up and we started trolling after talking about how the water was high and dirty DD said the kittys would be on the hunt and sure enough we started boating some. We made our rounds to the usual spots and some crappie decided to say hi, at one point one of the rods got hit with a big fish and we thought it might be the ski we were looking for but we never got to see it some slack was given on our end and it took off on us. After a couple of hours on the water we decided to head in for some burgers at Barnacle Bobs on our way in we ran into a school of crappie and boated about 5 in less than 5 minutes, after lunch we started looking were we had left them and sure enough they were still around eventually we boated a keeper walleye and a few short ones after a day on the water we started bringing in lines and Angel got hit on the last rod that he was bringing in another keeper walleye . Thanks again for the invite Denny glad to have been there for your last trip to the chain want to wish you well on your new life down south and say thanks for all the knowledge you have past down not just to myself but also my boy we sure enjoyed hanging out with you and being on your boat. Needless to say you are welcome at our house if you ever decide to hit the ice for a few days up here.
Here is a few pics that I took of Angel (p-nut)

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 06:26pm - Jul 9,14 
Way to go Pedro and Angel. Glad you got one more trip to the chain with the Duck. Chi-town will not be the same with him down south. Class Act :respect

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 07:48am - Jul 10,14 
Angel aka P nut is one of the best kids you could want to meet in today's world,he is a throw back to how kids values used to be. he is honest,hard working,respectful tough( we had him out there 12 hrs ) and he is already imbibed with a sense of honor you dont find in our 20 year olds anymore. you and your wife did a great job raising him Pedro. i really tried to put a ski on the end of a rod for him. the one big fish he did have on lit up his eyes like a x-mass tree. when i saw the bend in the rod and the head shaking going on i knew it was a big toothy. we lost that fish not him, we gave him the rod to soon. and he sure wasn't prepared for the beast that was on the other end of it. as you said that water was dirty and i did not think we would do as well as we did when i saw it! catching some 40 some fish in those conditions was a feat in itself. we never had a 20 min. stretch the whole day where we didn't have a fish on. those pictures you posted did not include the big cat or crappie we caught? didn't they come out? well anyway i couldn't ask for a better last day on chain in all we caught 8 different species of fish. and the company doing it couldn't have been finer!
DD

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:50am - Jul 10,14 
Nice antenna DD!!

Board index » Lakes » Fox Chain
Jump to: