Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Location: Montlake Boulevard at Pacific Avenue NE, Seattle, WA 98195

Post Posted: 02:40pm - Apr 19,14 
I honestly don't think there is just one spot as today I fished a few areas and if your on the northern lakes or southern lakes, just look for Channels, Marinas,etc. Expecially with a "northern" exposure and you will find them. If you don't stick something within 5-10 seconds tops, move and keep moving. It doesn't take but a few seconds if you find the right area. There is no need for any live bait. All you need is some type of small plastic. Color does not matter. I fished 5 different locations and all fish were aggressive. All fish were not even holding to structure. They were all over the place. Lots, I mean lots of sorting. When it was all said and done. Me and Dan took 52 Crappies and 16 Gills. in aprox 5 hrs of fishing. It is rock solid out there guys.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:59pm - Apr 19,14 
Well then. I'm not sure where we went wrong daughter and I went out today too. Bobbers and ice jigs 2 ft down minnows/spikes/crawlers all took nothing couldn't find a thing for her to catch. Failed father moment right there, at least she progressively got better at casting around docks not bad for 6.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:15pm - Apr 19,14 
Shot you a text with my digits last night gojoe???????????

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:52pm - Apr 19,14 
Very nice. Ihope to get my boat running by Monday and maybe get out late next week.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 08:18am - Apr 20,14 
Nice going Andy!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:52am - Apr 20,14 
Excellent job Andy, it looks like you guys real dialed in a get program.

Beautiful haul.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:13pm - Apr 20,14 
Nice mess of fish guys!! Well done!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:48pm - Apr 20,14 
Nice, you're loading up the freezer.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:36am - Apr 21,14 
:gpost

Thumbs up Andy, glad to see you were able to get out and have a good time. Thanks for the report.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 08:29am - Apr 21,14 
Damn Andy, ya gotta leave us some-- :rotflmao Good fishing. :D

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:27am - Apr 21,14 
Thanks guys. Thats enough of panfishing for me, time to start hearing some drags sizzle.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:47am - Apr 21,14 
Andy
good job I took my neighbors son out on Saturday for his first time crappie fishing tried many different spots just never found them . We launched out of Baronial Bobs on Marie tried the channels skunked ! headed to spring lake and petite got one white bass finished the day in the t channel on Marie called it a day and went home .
You make me feel bad that I wasn't able to get him on fish. I guess I will try again next week . Again Good job and nice report.
Jeff

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:18am - Apr 21,14 
Big Jeff wrote:
Andy
good job I took my neighbors son out on Saturday for his first time crappie fishing tried many different spots just never found them . We launched out of Baronial Bobs on Marie tried the channels skunked ! headed to spring lake and petite got one white bass finished the day in the t channel on Marie called it a day and went home .
You make me feel bad that I wasn't able to get him on fish. I guess I will try again next week . Again Good job and nice report.
Jeff

Don't feel bad. I was out the prior weekend and slammed 'em in a couple channels, but this weekend I couldn't find them either. Seems like the cold front moved them out deeper in at least some of the channels.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:42pm - Apr 21,14 
I was hoping to get out this week, but as for now, it does not look good. Maybe next week.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:37am - Apr 23,14 
Hey washhusky, what do you mean by a " northern" exposure?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:04pm - Apr 23,14 
Quote:
Hey washhusky, what do you mean by a " northern" exposure?

The north side of aany shoreline were the sun beats on it all day long, water warms up faster there. :winker

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:35pm - Apr 23,14 
I have fished the Chain for many years and have put a lot of time and effort with family and friends and this is what I can share. Channel/Catherine, Marie, Bluff, Fox Lake, Pistakee, all hold these types of fish and numbers early in the season. Cant honestly vouch for Grass and Spring Lake never impressed us but a handful of times.

We fish extremely aggressive making long casts as your bobber wont spook them plus you cover a lot more water quickly . Like I mentioned earlier, it doesn't take but a few minutes to find out if you are in a productive area. Early spring we look for channels with wood piers usually better then steel but not all the time. Marinas are excellent areas as well. Jim "RIP" from Jims bait told us many years ago that because of the way the water fluctuates, the fish like to move around a lot or get in a negative mood. You may have been where there were pannies but they just didn't feel comfortable in that area.

Pick any of the lakes mentioned above and look at a map and look for warm areas. Stay off the main lake. Go in and cast quickly and don't waste time and go to next area. We run and gun but that's easy to say because of all the years fished here. I by no means am coming off an expert as i'm sure many people know how to but for those that don't maybe someone can get something out of this.

We NEVER use minnows or crawlers or waxies. Plastics and or spikes for the longest time. Good luck to those who try. Keep at it and there is nothing better then doing your own work and reaping the rewards from that.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:16am - Apr 24,14 
Andy, those are great words to live by; Run N Gun for sure, always have back up plans and work quickly until the bounty is found.
Nice job!

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:58am - Apr 24,14 
Thanks for sharing Washhusky. I am in search of new campsites and lakes for the near future, and The Chain looks interesting. As my username states, two4one, We got 2 for the price of 1 and have twin son and daughter and I can't wait to put them on fish and takem campin!

Great speech by the way

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 08:02am - Apr 24,14 
Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
E

Post new topic Reply to topic Latest Topics  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Lakes » Fox Chain
Jump to: