Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:51pm - Jul 15,04 
A friend of mine has a lake house on this lake but he is a sailer not a fisherman. Any one know where the hotspot(s) are in this lake at this time of year?? Also in general how is the fishing in long lake (good or bad??) Any one know anything about a giant Pike in the lake???

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:35am - Jul 20,04 
I like this lake since it is right down the road from me. I haven't fished it in a few years because you pritty much need a boat to access it. The lake actually feeds into the chain through a lock and dam and there is a launch right off of Wison rd, I think the charge is $10. The lake has less pressure then the chain and can be pritty good once you figure it out. I alson have a friend that fishes there from time to time. The channel that leads to the chain is on the West side of the lake and I have done good in the past throwing spinnerbaits and getting nice bass from the dam to the lake. On the south east side there are two channels that lead into the lake and a mud flat over there as well. I have seen guys do ok pitching jigs into the reeds that are over there and have talked to another that said he has done good one walleye on that mud flat. You can also pick up a bass or two fishing those channels as well. There is a small island on the south east side that I have done good with bass before as well. There are a lot of carp in this lake and some good panfishing can be had. This is my favorite lake to ice fish because of little pressure and and good numbers of panfish when you find them. I can promise you that you will get 10" perch and I did get one gill that was 12" and got me a master angler patch from infisherman about 8 years ago. I haven't really fished for pike in this lake but I have caught them from time to time fishing for crappie and just throwing lures around. THe biggest I ever caught was about 36" on cut bait fishing for cats, what a surprise that was. I would say the average size for channel cats is about 5lbs with many that get bigger. It is my goal for the rest of this season to get my boat back in working order so I can fish this lake much more next year. Get out there and you will be surprised at what you can get, maybe try trolling some lures along the point edges and you wont be disopointed.

Board index » Lakes » Fox Chain
Jump to: