Author
Search for:
Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 04:27pm - Jul 6,04 
Went out to Fox Lake on Saturday and Sunday with good results. Fishing with crawlers under slip bobbers produced 11 cats. The two pictured below were the largest at 17 inches. Monday I left early with a friend to let him share in the fun but they disappeared.!! Got out about 7 am and fished the exact area's with the exact presentation and got one cat about 12 inches. Obviously they have begun to move on. We did get 5 Largemouth, largest was 15 inches. Many perch and Blue Gill's. One 20 inch dog fish caught by my buddy. That ended up being the fight for the day.

Also got out to Minneola Bay for the Fireworks Sunday night. Great show with an air show to start it off. Lot's of Boats as usual. I wonder if all the fireworks not only at Minneola, but all over the chain spooked the fish. Monday's bite really was weak.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:23pm - Jul 6,04 
Jds, are there any spots on the chain that you can recommend to go with the kids and shore fish? thanks gene

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:33pm - Jul 6,04 
You can fish under the RT 12 bridge @ night...But I don't think that's what you're looking for...But if you plan that area by yourself or with a partner...You can park right next to the bridge @ the retraunt but make sure you're out of there before they open in the morning...They have very limited parking for their customers...You can also fish from shore @ the Chain O Lakes state park...There are places where you can get boat rentals...Sorry I only know of the place @ the state park...
But if you go that route..I'd also suggest being off the water by no later than 10am...Many of the pleasure boaters really stir up the lakes there & don't care if they wake you & your kid(s) out...

Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 04:14pm - Jul 7,04 
Those are some good spots Deerslayer :wink: There is also CJ Smiths resort on Grass lake rd that rents small boats and allows fishing from shore. His prices are very reasonable and the fishing in the Spring Lake channel can be very good. You could also go to Oak Point state park on Rt 173 west of Antioch. Lot's of area's to shore fish and lots of trails for hiking which may keep the kid's busy if the fishing is slow. There is access to the park on the east and west sides of the river.

Here's the website :wink:

http://www.cjsmithresort.com

Good Luck Gene, and let me know how you do :!:

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:40pm - Jul 9,04 
There is a good spot on the river near the 173 rt bridge . There is parking on the west side of the river across the street from the bar . You will have to walk a ways to get to it , but it can be worth it . Caught my two biggest walleyes on the chain right there .
You will have to walk down the path for a while until it opens up along the river . There is a could deep cut bank right along shore , along with some good riprap . And right across is a little pond , that has some bass in it too . Kept my kid busy for a while until Marc started crowding in ! You can catch catfish , stripers , walleye and even some smallmouth right there . I still take my boat to that spot sometimes .

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:37pm - Jul 9,04 
jpulver wrote:
Kept my kid busy for a while until Marc started crowding in !

You know I've been seeing this same thing posted a lot lately... :lol:

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:04pm - Jul 9,04 
ROFLMAO :lol:

Board index » Lakes » Fox Chain
Jump to: