Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:41am - Jun 27,04 
Went out on lake marie for the first time since ice fishing . Had the day off so I headed out about 9:30 . Drifted the southwest side of the lake with a few hits here and there . Decided to anchor right off the weed line in about 7-1/2 ft of water . Had good action the entire time I was there , mostly white stripers with a few drum tossed in and a couple of nice size perch . But the thing that surprised me the most was the two walleye I caught in that shallow of water at high noon in full sun!
One pole had the old split shot and hook the other rig , which was the hotter bait was a chartruse jig with red eyes and a minnow thru the lips just hanging over the side of the boat . In total caught about 25 stripers , 2 small walleye , two nice size perch and a bunch of sheephead . Left the lake about 3:00 and headed home .
It was real nice out there with the no wake deal .

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:40pm - Jun 27,04 
Judging by the wind we experienced, I'd say there was some decent chop on the water. That would most likely explain why those eyes were so shallow.
Sounds like a great day on the Chain.
Still under no wake, eh?
Wish I could have made it out there.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:12pm - Jun 28,04 
Yes it was very nice on the chain with the no wake restrictions . But one moron did go flying thru the lake a couple of times before he left . Maybe he got a ticket .
The wind was blowing in to that shoreline I was fishing , but the wave were not very big , more like ripples . The wind seemed to pick up and then die down again .

Support Staff

Post Posted: 02:27pm - Jun 28,04 
Good to see your getting out Pulver.

How ya been?

Ignorance and Apathy, I don't know and I don't Care. W.C. Fields

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:49pm - Jul 2,04 
Yes it was about time I got my act together . I am leaving for Rhinelander wisc in two weeks , so I figured I better make sure the boat still works . But other than that I have been good , couldnt make the outing at waukegan because I had my hockey team golf outing and party that day . Looks like I missed a good time .
So which one of you guys started Marc drinking beer ? Man I never thought I would see that day !
How have you been doing , I see alot of fishing .

Board index » Lakes » Fox Chain
Jump to: