Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:10am - May 11,04 
PondProwler and myself hit Petite and Channel on Saturday.

Jigging a firetiger blade bait / jig and minnow on Petite produced 2 drum.

The consistant papermouth bite came once we moved north, to Channel. A shallow backwater channel with minimal boat traffic was the producing spot. Males were in less than 2 FOW guarding nests showing off their brilliant spring colors. Females were off the nests with sucked in stomachs, biggest was 12.5", my personal best.
Some nice gills up to 8" were also doggin' us along the way.

We headed back to Petite for some walleye trolling as night set in. Made one pass around the perimeter pulling a rogue and bomber stickbait in 7-13 FOW, then the lighting started. Pulled the baits in and high tailed it back to CJ's before the torrential rains hit.

Pleasure boaters are out in full force, be careful out there. We OWE them the right of way :roll:

Any walleye trolling tips for the chain?

John

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:24am - May 11,04 
WALLY wrote:
Pleasure boaters are out in full force, be careful out there. We OWE them the right of way :roll:
John

LMAO, now your writing fiction......

That's one of the most dangerous places I fish and that's including the lake when it gets rough, jpulver and I almost got run over by a drunk pleasure boater catfishing.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:38am - May 11,04 
That's what I'm sayin man. They act like fishermen owe them something out there and plow right through with absolutely no reguard for other peoples well being. I've been nearly tossed from my boat due to cruisiers getting way to close for comfort and have them laugh as they did that.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:59am - May 11,04 
Marc catfishing???
I would've loved to have seen that...
I never would've thought of him as someone who goes catting...

Now why can't the DNR do more enforcement of this area???
I haven't been on the chain in many years during the summer months...Mainly because of this same reason...I used to go up there years ago with someone that had an offshore speed boat...He used to do this same thing to people he saw fishing & would laugh about it...It didn't matter if they were fishing on a boat or on shore...He'd purposely create a huge wake for them...I'd ask him why he did that..Told him it wasn't funny...But the guy never got it...A real imbecile if you ask me...
I stopped going on his boat the day he offered me a line...That was way to much for me...Never gotten into the drug scene...Never wanted to be apart of that drug scene...

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 12:50pm - May 11,04 
Tried to find the picture of Marc and Summer with the St. Joe flathead but couldn't find it. Do you still have that Marc?

Tom

Twin Fins

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:17pm - May 20,04 
Besides almost getting killed , there was a part that made me laugh . The guy Marc was talking about was screaming right at us , while we were anchored on bluff lake maybe 25ft from shore . The guy is hauling right at us , we are waving flashlights at him yelling at him , nothing . Just when we were ready to dive in the water he turns off . Comes back to try and yell at us for not having our running lights on ( which they were ) and cuts both of Marcs lines . Well that was it for Marc , all he kept saying was , get me on his boat, get me on his boat . Well the guys girlfriend tells him maybe we should get out of here ( ya think ! ) We watched him motor over to his house which is only 200 yds away , and lift his boat out of the water on one of those boat lifts on his slip . Thats when the idea of keeping a cordless drill fully charged on the boat came into play ! I still think of what it would have been like to make swiss cheese and watch him motor out into the lake . That was our last night catfishing outing on the chain .

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:26pm - May 20,04 
Tom wrote:
Tried to find the picture of Marc and Summer with the St. Joe flathead but couldn't find it. Do you still have that Marc?

Tom

I'll dig that one back up Tom.

And DS I love it all, pulver and I used to cat all the time until out near death experience and I still have a couple places I hit when I'm not on the lake, just not recently.... :wink:

Chitown-Angler

Location: South Elgin, IL :: 04' Blue 1700 Lund Explorer, 115 4-stroke Yammie

Post Posted: 03:50pm - May 20,04 
I knew someone who was in waist deep water tending to his boat at the launch, when a drunk pleasure boater flew at him. He tried to swim out of the way and got half way there, when the prop severed his left leg....no joke, in waist deep water!! Something needs to be done out there! Maybe I'll just start bringing my Pool Cue of a Muskie rod rigged with Spiderline and a fat Bull Dawg and do a little skiier Fishin' :twisted:

Make them think twice before buzzin' ya' again!
Pond

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:56pm - Oct 7,04 
Here is that 12.5"
Little late, eh...

Profile WWW  

Board index » Lakes » Fox Chain
Jump to: