Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:55pm - Apr 3,04 
Hey All-
Fished the Chain today with buddy John from Des Plaines. We launced at 9:30 on north end and went south (I know this isn't "fuel conscious" but I'm still trying to run some of the winterizing out of the fuel lines and the last outings at LaSalle have been so damn foggy I haven't been able to open 'er up!). Fished first on Bluff- caught some nice gills and crappie- biggest running 9" or a bit over on the crappie and 7.5 or a bit larger on the gills. Had a meet-up with two of the CPO's- very courteous, friendly and boarded the boat at my invitation and checked licenses, PFD's, throwables, sound devices, etc., and took a look at the fish in the livewell. We had a nice chat and they departed. We opted to try and find some warmer water (47 about everywhere) and we headed down to spring lake channel and Petite. Even the water in Spring is still 47- this cold front turned everything on its ear a bit. Extremely windy- boat control was a challenge and I about stood on the trolling motor most of the day to keep the boat in position to remain somewhat fishable. Found a few more gills back there- then abandoned that- headed back up to the channel between Marie and Channel Lakes- found a few more gills in there and one fat perch about 8". Finally couldn't take the wind anymore at 3PM and we pulled the plug. Water on Channel was extremely rough with 25-30mph NNW winds but good to be back at the helm again and put the Alumacraft through her paces. Water temps are 47 and when the next warm spell hits- things are going to be really good. We kept about 15 good eaters and probably caught 25-30 or so. Back at it again in a couple days. Tight lines and be safe out there!

-Todd / Into The Outdoors

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:13am - Apr 4,04 
That wind was humping by noon yesterday. You must have gone back to the ramp on white caps.

Board index » Lakes » Fox Chain
Jump to: