Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:53am - Apr 28,10 
Well every one i got it working, well kinda, we put the boat in at the state park, started right up and we were on our way, after about 30 minutes of turning up mud and grass trying to get through grass lake we headed to bridges and any rock cover we could find, nuthing water temp was 53-55, first time with a goos egg but i figure there will be alot more in my days, like i said about the boat almost, it runs frunt gets up and when i give it more gas to get it to level out it shoots a rooster tail of water and acts like it wants to die, i thinking maybe my prop it to big, not sure, ill post pics of it in the next few days though, didnt really see any one catching anything, Wind was killer and it was cold

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:03am - Apr 28,10 
hello chancegrayl,

i think the water level is still a little low because i can see the seawall next store
and its below the water mark also keep in mind that pistakee is a shallower lake
than the rest.

also grass lake is a shallow lake too (3 to 4 feet deep except for the channels they have ???)

i don't own a boat so i can't help you with your boat issues.

i think the cold weather and wind is keeping the fishing in poor condition.

i was out there the last 2 weekends and didn't really see alot of people fishing.

i caught 3 decent walleyes using 1/4 chartreuse jigheads topped with medium fathead minnows
but keep in mind i fished from shore and stayed out most of the day.

when i got cold i would just go into the house for a little while to warm up.

i hope this helps you and thanks for your time
mark b

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 03:32pm - Apr 29,10 
Chance get it in deep enough water to trim(lower) the motor all the way down ,leave it all the way down,gun the motor and after a few seconds back off the gas a little as you come on plane.Stick with it you'll figure it out. Any questions feel free to ask.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 04:00pm - Apr 29,10 
Chance, it's like Johnny's saying. You really should get someone who knows outboards to go out with you- when you have that engine trimmed down you should see a stream of water coming out from the motor also. I don't know the chain that well but if you don't, you can run aground fairly easily from what I understand.

Plus if you run a lot of mud through the engine it should be cleaned out when you get home.

Good luck-

Bruce

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:10pm - Apr 29,10 
Thanks for the advise, i took a friend out with me, he tryed, im not sure what it is, i cant gun it, the bow will lift but its the almost like im shooting all the water out of the way of the motor and its coming out of the water, im not sure, but im just happy that it runs if it takes me alittle longer to get where im going im fine with it aslong as im outside, fishing, im happy,

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:09pm - Apr 29,10 
hey what kind of boat/motor you running ?
I just learned a few lessons maybe I can save you some time

Board index » Lakes » Fox Chain
Jump to: