Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:33pm - Apr 24,10 
I am up at the chain and so far I have blanked this morning. I launched at the state park and went through the bridges and fished pistakee. I have minnows and I cannot buy a bite. I am down for any species. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:19pm - Apr 24,10 
Try the Grass lake road bridge
As your are heading south from the river cast the rocks to the right of the bridge and the vertical jig
between the second set bridge columns closet to those rocks
Had a couple small Eyes (14-16) there Friday and a nice one (22) trolling Fox Lake near Miniola

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:42pm - Apr 24,10 
David, when the bite gets tough I head over to petite lake and I fish the middle in about 17-18 fow. I try to vertical jig with different color green jig heads with minnows, sometimes I have a chartreuse 3" twister tail on also. I also just drift with heavy jig heads and wolf river rigs when it is really windy and the secret to those walleye are to literally jig just like you are setting the hook, very sharp , but not long pull backs. They have a tendency to strike really hard when doing this. The more wind is sometimes the key when the bite has slowed down, so dont be worried if the waves get really big. If you hit 10' fow reel back up and get back to the deep and if you can mark it with a bouy, that really helps. Its a great lake when the chain has lock jaw!

The largest minnows are always the best for the chain

Chris

Board index » Lakes » Fox Chain
Jump to: