Author
Search for:
Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 09:23pm - Apr 23,06 
Launched this morning at about 6:30 am from the main state park with FishinMatt for some walleye fishing. Decided not to hit the river since there has been little action the last few weeks. We headed into Lake Marie and hit the southern point where we marked some nice fish. We were using small crankbaits and jig/crawler combo's. Had some short bites but after about an hour came up empty handed and moved to Fox Lake to fish the west end. Within the first half hour Matt connected with a nice 23 incher on Green jig tipped with a piece of crawler. It was a welcome site and set the pace for a great day of fishing.

This nice female was still thin and battle scarred from the spawn but put up a great fight for a small chunk of worm. Matt took his time and worked her in for the snapshot and release. We took the cruise up the long channel through Petite, Spring and Bluff to try our luck on Marie again where we picked up a smaller 'eye, some Gills and Bass drifting the west side. Winds were picking up and boat control was getting tough so we headed back to Minneola bay to hit some gravel shorelines. Here's a couple more pic's from the day.

Lots of LMB's but they all ranged from 10-12 inches.

That was it for the walleye action but through the course of the day, we picked up 19 fish. 2 Walleye, 9 Largemouth Bass, 5 Drum and 4 Gills which made for a pretty nice day. Lots of missed fish and short bites. Water temps ranged from 60 degree's at launch time to about 65 when we pulled out. The wind was tough with gusts that would almost turn the boat around before I could react. Met RSS and Northwoods on Fox Lake about noon to find out we weren't the only ones getting some 'eye's. So a decent day on the water with a mixed bag of fish . We ended up at the Spinner Lounge for a snack and refreshments to end the day. Thank you Matt for spending a day on the Spinner boat. Hope I helped with some tricks about the chain. I bet you'll be back when your boat is ready for the water again. There are plenty more whoppers out there. 8)

................and Welcome to the Spinner Club. :wink:

Profile WWW  

Support Staff

Location: SW Florida, Smokercraft 192 Ultima,115 4 stroke Mercury.

Post Posted: 05:12am - Apr 24,06 
Nice fish Guys! :D

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:23am - Apr 24,06 
Great job guys good to see their turning on.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:01am - Apr 24,06 
Nice fish Matt. I had 8 eyes(nothing close to 23"), 3 bass, and a monster 15" crappie for the morning I was out. That wind made for a wet ride back to the state park. Looks like the crawler bite is starting.

Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 11:59am - Apr 24,06 
:wink:

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:21pm - Apr 24,06 
Now thats a Crappie way to go Rss

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:33pm - Apr 25,06 
Thanks again for the great trip JD :D My boat has been DOA for a few weeks, so booking a trip with you was a great way to scratch the itch. It was also great to see RSS on the water doing his thing. That crappie is a beast :shock: Thanks again for the great time JD. If any of you are interested in fishing the chain, I would recommend getting a hold of JD. The fish are just starting to turn on and it should be another great season for the Spinner Boat.

Matt

Board index » Lakes » Fox Chain
Jump to: