Author
Search for:
Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 07:55pm - Apr 22,06 
Had mixed Emotions this morning when I looked out the window and saw the rain and clouds. Do I go?? Or do I work around the house. That decision didn't take very long. I dropped the boat in at the state park at about 10am. Spent the rest of the morning on the river which was unproductive. Trolled upstream to the north park, then hit all my favorite spots on the way back down. Pitching jigs, and spinners in the wood and working the drop offs that marked fish. Water temps started at 61 degrees and ended at about 65. The river has been puzzling this spring. Water level is good.... Temps are good..... but no action. Was gonna head to Lake Marie but didn't feel like fishing in the crowd. I headed to the channels on the west side of Fox Lake instead. On my third cast into shore with a jig and piece of crawler, I felt the tap I was waiting for and brought in a nice 'Eye just under 17 inches. That got my interest up real fast but unfortunately that would be the only walleye of the day. I did have other opportunities but failed to bring them in. :roll:

Also picked up some nice Gill's, one small Crappie and two Drum.

Minnows just weren't the trick today with all fish coming on bit's of crawler and 1/16 ounce jigs in shallow water and tight up against structure. Actually, I think it should have been a more productive day but then again, it was still much better than working around the house. :)

I'll be out early in the AM with a soon to be "new spinner club member" Hopefully we can put a few 'eye's in the boat instead of feeding most of them like I did today. :lol:

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:20pm - Apr 22,06 
I fished the chain today too with my buddy Ice Chopper. We launced on Marie @ 6:15 and headed over to the humps, then to the east. Got a couple stripers on jig and minnow. From there headed to Bluff and didnt get anything. Went to Spring and got a couple of nice perch and a couple gills. Went on to Pettite and didn't get anything, then on to Fox and didn't get anything. Wind really picked up as the day progressed. Headed back through stopping at Spring again and got another striper and sheep and headed back to Marie. Found a wind break on Marie and fished shallow and got 4 more crappies and a nice 4lb cat. Called it a day @ 3:30. All our fish except a couple came on minnows with only two on crawlers. Tried to fish warm and shallow areas looking for schools of whatever, but never really found them. Still a nice mixed bag of fish for the day. Great to be out on a nice day with friends and catch some fish. :thumbs

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:47pm - Apr 22,06 
Nice report JD. A nice mixed bag of fish equals a good day on the water. Hopefully the eyes start popping soon :wink:

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:50pm - Apr 22,06 
Got out about 3:00 fished Marie along the wall by the channel to Bluff got a couple small perch and I lost a decent bass( jig and 4" watermelon worm) in 4ft. of water. fished afew more spots around the lake and headed back to grass lake got 1 small gill 1 striper1 small 11" bass and then a nice 26' cat in the channel between Marie and Grass lake(ultralite with 2# test and a small jig and minnow) fun fight and headed home it was a nice day to be on the water even if fishin was slow. All and All it was a good day all the changes on the boat and everything worked great looking forward to next weekend already. JD I'm going to try for Wed. afternoon if I come out I'll give you a call

Profile WWW  

Board index » Lakes » Fox Chain
Jump to: