Author
Search for:
Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 02:29pm - Apr 16,06 
Got out from the Main state park at about 7am with Jaxon. We headed North on the river and attempted crank baiting but still too much debris in the water causing the lures to fowl quickly. Not wasting more time we heading just north of the Rt 173 bridge and began hitting the north shoreline with jigs and minnow combo's. Second cast produced an average size white bass which appeared to be a good sign however no other fish were taken off the river. Took a ride up to Marie and drifted across the bars and tossed into the shorelines but no action with any combinations. We then headed to the Fox lake area and fished the channels picking up some short bites and one drum. Spent a couple of hours there hitting the shorelines but nothing was happening. Slip bobbers, jigs, and spinners were used but none produced. So it was off to Petite where we fished the east shoreline area which did produce a nice perch, one fat yellow bass and one nice white bass. We decided to head back to the Fox Channels for prime time bite but could only muster up one 15 inch large mouth with a crawler. As the day was coming to an end, I figured we'd head back to the river and see if the late afternoon bite would turn on but only not a fish to be had. The river has been like the "dead sea" the last few weeks. I know it will turn on, just not sure when. So a bit disappointing with only 8 fish for the day and no 'eyes but then again, a great day on the water with another good fisherman ending the day at the spinner lounge where we cleaned the catch and toasted a safe and enjoyable day on the water. Thank you Jaxon for your patients under some lite bite condition. I hope I was able to show you some tricks that will help you in the future while fishing the Chain.

Had a few eye's caught that I know of, a 15 incher at the Rt12 bridge and a 20 incher on lake Marie. It's starting to pic up but not a good bite by any means yet. It's still only April. :wink:

Profile WWW  

Board index » Lakes » Fox Chain
Jump to: