Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:27pm - Apr 13,06 
Boy I wish I had better news but that's how the ball bounces. Hit the water at 8:00am fished till 2:00 pm. Started at back water close to 173 water temp 60.8 I thought the live well would be to small, after 2hrs there were 2 crappie (small males) in it . Headed to another shallow area only to find temp 58 which still isn't bad, but no fish. Left and headed to 3rd area with same results. Who opened the door and let the nuts out today? It"s bad enough that thay run wide open but with the whole lake to run in thay have to see how close thay can come to you. It"s only a matter of time that the wave runners will be out. I really do feel bad for these people that don't have anything better to do, then burn fuel ,and see how fast thay can go. I wish some one would have showen them how to respect other people that are trying to do what thay enjoy. I hate to say I like it about 30 out, but it keeps the lake for fisherman. :argue

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:31pm - Apr 13,06 
60 degree water????
Wow!
Things really changed since last weekend. Best we found on the southern most end was 50. And 53 in channel on Petite.

Profile WWW  

Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 06:48pm - Apr 13,06 
Well that's spring time, I call it the best and the worst fishing all at the same time. At least ya got a couple. As this weather continues, the bite should improve. Many of the smaller lakes/ponds are producing some nice fish. The Chain takes a bit longer because of it's size.

I know what you mean with the "warm weather warriors", it won't be long. I'm not sure which irritates me more though, A jet-ski driver who probably just doesn't understand that he is a nuisance, or another fisherman that should know better but still buzzes by you. On second thought, it's the fisherman. He knows what he's doing and still rips by you indicating your just in his way and he doesn't care. :evil:

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:11pm - Apr 13,06 
JD you are 100% correct about the fisherman that doesn't care. :cry:

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:29pm - Apr 13,06 
Most people will stay away from you when you are fishing.My family has 2 waverunners and a boat on the chain and i both fish a lot and boat a lot. Just because you have had a couple of bad incidents with dumbasses doesnt make them all one.

Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 11:32pm - Apr 13,06 
Your right FRF but, it occurs so many times that these people all get categorized as such. 40+'s years on the Chain, I wish I had a penny for everytime a boater (fisherman or not) and the bumble bees have came dangerously close to my or someone elses anchored boat. Thats how reputations and general opinions are formed. :?

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:17am - Apr 14,06 
Could not have said it better JD

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:22am - Apr 14,06 
Last year(end of march,early april) Before they had the no wake markers up between bluff and marie some guy in a bass boat when through the no wake zone at a least 70 mph and came within 15 feet of hitting me and my little brother on our waverunners. That has been the only bad incident so far for me

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:15pm - Apr 14,06 
That's one of the first times I have heard that a boat came to close to one of those things. It was wrong of him even so. I wish there was a certain time those waverunners could operate on the lakes. Give the fisherman a chance to enjoy the summer also. I can't even think what a problem it is to be a guide on the chain in the summer,

Board index » Lakes » Fox Chain
Jump to: