Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:59pm - Apr 12,06 
Was out on the south chain targeting eyes on Sunday. Water temp 46-48 degrees. Pitching cranks into the shallows got me skunked by the eyes, but I picked up the first 2 musky of my life at around 11am on a sandy flat in front of a channel. My knees were knocking the rest of the day. Damn near had 2 heart attacks.

The first strike was barely that...felt more like I picked up a stick off the bottom. Just a little -tic- and my line started moving slowly off to the side. I applied a little pressure to bring up whatever it was and holy smokes...I about messed myself when I saw the head. :shock: Completely engulfed my bait so I opted for a very light hookset which worked out because my 14lb fluoro was pretty mangled by them fangs. Barely fought at all. Just dead weight. I don't think she even knew she was hooked before my brother in law got her in the net. CPR

After about 50 hi fives, a few hell yeahs and a quick re-tie BAM...this one nailed it...fought like a musky should. 5 or 6 big runs on the surface, massive head shakes etc. Another text book net job (Thanks Scooter)CPR

Chrome/ black back shallow crankbait was the ticket. Go get em!

Support Staff

Location: SW Florida, Smokercraft 192 Ultima,115 4 stroke Mercury.

Post Posted: 04:21pm - Apr 12,06 
Nice Job Man, I know a Few Guys here that are wanting to get a few...Keep the reports coming... :D

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:52pm - Apr 12,06 
Nice job 2 muskies in one day and some guys fish all season and get none. Maybe you have the secret let them think your going after Walleye.I'm going to try to get out Saturday in the afternoon for some crappie and bass

Profile WWW  

Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 09:43pm - Apr 12,06 
Great Job Dblbass. :)

This is a fairly common occurrence with people crankin for eye's and bass on the Chain. Most of the time it ends up in bite offs. Getting them in the net took some patients and skill.

:goodjob

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:57am - Apr 13,06 
SA-WEET!
Any guess on how big they were?

Chitown Bird Dog

Post Posted: 09:11am - Apr 13,06 
Nice job 8)!!! Pistakee possibly? Is this Mike that used to fish with Brad, and I? Glad ya had a good day, and thanks for the report.

Chas

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:42am - Apr 13,06 
Holy Smokes...I can't believe I typed that whole damn post and forgot the put the sizes!! 35" and 33.5"...didn't get em on the scale though. Just wanted em back in the water. JD I would've lost em both if I didn't have flouro spooled up for sure. After both releases I easily broke my line with my hands...it was really chewed up. Yeah Chas thats me, I recently moved up by the chain and got a boat so I'll be posting quite a bit and I'll see you out there!

Chitown Bird Dog

Post Posted: 12:09pm - Apr 13,06 
Thats cool Mike! Nice fish, and I'm sure I'll see ya out there somewhere.

Chas

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:42pm - Apr 13,06 
great job! 2 on the board already!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:27pm - Apr 13,06 
Great fish! You can't beat a good musky story. If you get a chance please take the time to post the pics, I think the others would like to see them as well.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:28pm - Apr 14,06 
Weber you said you got a boat? Did you pick your own one up or are you referring to the one you went halfsies on with Big mike?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:25pm - Apr 14,06 
Hadley...still halves with big mike...just built a deck up front and installed a bow mount wireless motorguide 55. Cost more that the boat (thats funny all by itself) but its turning into a nice little rig. I'm about 100 horses shy of the crestliner as far as the outboad goes but what the hell it floats!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:22am - Apr 16,06 
where on the south chain?

Board index » Lakes » Fox Chain
Jump to: