Author
Search for:
Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 10:33pm - Mar 18,06 
Well a bit chilly out today but with the sun, not too bad. Launch from the Thursty Turtle about 10:30. Water levels continue to rise and are about a foot above normal levels. Water temp was right above 40 degrees at launch time but dropped through out the day to the high 30's when we pulled out at about 3pm. The State park launch ramp was iced over so we never hit the river. We did fish Channel, Fox, and Squaw creek with not even a single decent bite. We used assorted jigs with spikes and small fatheads. Slip bobbers and even some small spinner baits but all fish were tight lipped today. Most fish marked were scattered and suspended. Water clarity is poor at best. Channel Lake was even cloudy with maybe 1 foot visibility. Lots of debris floating along with dead vegetation and leaves from the bottom. Only a few other boats out, mainly at the bridges and some channels. No one appeared to be getting bit. The crappie bite was on a few days ago but this cold weather has shut the door again. These cold nights are slowing things down. Need a couple of warm days to get those water temps back up a few degrees. That will wake everything up.

Now for the good part, The spinner boat performed well and all equipment is functioning. Other than needing a good cleaning, it is ready for the season.

Heading back out tomorrow for more of the same, with a bit better results I hope.

Thanks rss, for spending the day on the spinner boat. I enjoyed the company and conversation. 8)

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:26am - Mar 19,06 
Thanks for the update JD- glad you and RSS had a good day- he's a keeper that RSS!

V and I are going to try mid-day today. We're gonna hit the south end a bit today- will report in upon our return.

Be safe out there guys- like JD said- there's gonna be lots of flotsum in the water after the rain and high water.

Todd/ Into The Outdoors

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:58am - Mar 19,06 
Thanks for the day on the water JD. It was nice to put my sea legs back on after a long winters nap. We need to pray for some warmer water temps so I can get the pep off my back. The day did end with a few pops at the spinner lounge, so it was,not a complete loss :cheer2. Talk with you soon JD.
Todd, with the crappy ice season our paths did'nt cross, so I look forword to seeing you and your bride up on LG in the very near future

Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 07:58pm - Mar 19,06 
It was my pleasure Ron, a nice day spent on the water even with a tough bite. Look forward to more trips in the future. :wink:

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:38pm - Mar 19,06 
JD Thank You for the scouting trip today it was fun and Thank your wife for the Great dinner. I know this is going to be a Great season for you if you treat people the way I was treated today and your knowledge of the chain is quality information. I look forward to fishing with you a few more times this season we'll just have to add fish. I'm sure I'll see you next weekend going to try to come up for Sunday it looks like if I do I give you a call I'm also going to put my radio in my boat this week. Again Thanks for a Good Day. Pat

Profile WWW  

Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 11:07pm - Mar 19,06 
OH YEA!!! I knew I forgot something..... The fish!!!! :roll:

Pat it was a great day on the water. We did pound the water effectively but, this early in the season, fishing can be spotty.

I always say spring time is the best and the worst fishing has to offer. This is just the beginning of what I believe is going to be a great year on the Chain for everyone. The heat last year and the short ice season left many otherwise harvested fish in the water. There gonna get hungry as the temperatures rise we'll be ready for them. :wink:

Thank you for the opportunity to have you out for the day. :)

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:42pm - Mar 20,06 
I'll be out Sunday to test the boat and get ready for the season and do a little fishing I'll give you a call closer to the weekend.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:53pm - Mar 20,06 
you guys looking for the tooothy critirs at all??? Isn't it way to early???...Im way benhind!!!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:56pm - Mar 20,06 
We were just doing some scouting and checking water temps the water is way up we need some warm weather now for the bite to start. We marked fish but put nothing in the boat. JD likes to fish for Walleye and I'm A Bass man but that doesnt mean I'd be mad catching a toothy criter If it does happen i'll make sure I post it. The Radio is in the boat (breaker 1-9 for a FISH CHECK cum on) and the films in the camera all I have to add is Fish.

Profile WWW  

Board index » Lakes » Fox Chain
Jump to: