Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:09pm - Feb 18,06 
I know its a little early but I moved down here from Wausau WI and I have heard a thing or 2 about the chain here and some big fish come out of there. I know everyone has there zec ert spots but I was jsut wondering if I could get a little heads up. What southern lakes in the chain have fish in them. I once heard more fish up north bigger ones down south on the chain? Any other local alkes within driving distance from Fox Lake I could check out. Thanks Guys, I go to college down here and looking to do a little musky hinter after and before school, thanks guys

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:23pm - Feb 18,06 
Silver Lake just accross the border in Kenosha Co. has good ski action for those inclinened to fish for them. Esox Tracker will chime in on some good waters

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:32pm - Feb 18,06 
I spend alot of time on the internet, man I love this site, I have been on here for hours reading!!

Yoiu guys will be seeing me around here alot!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:30pm - Feb 18,06 
Il has a very prolific musky fishery for both size and numbers. It wont be as pretty scenery as you are used to, but the average size is bigger in IL.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:26am - Feb 20,06 
Hey SVT.
Welcome to the site, man!
Good to have another musky hunter join.
I'm assuming you have access to a boat and wheels.
If you live on Fox Lake you really don't have to travel much further than the Chain. Lots of good fish in those waters. All the lakes that make up the Chain hold skis, from the north on south. Catherine, Channel, Marie, Bluff, Petite, Fox, Pistakee and Nippersink have more depth and structure. Grass Lake is the party spot as you'll see in the summer and is very shallow but a sleeper when it comes to musky.
As you'll soon come to find out, all the lakes with any size to them in Northern IL and Southern WI are dominated by pleasure boaters once day break arrives and the waters warm. You'll want to try and focus most of your efforts during the week and very early on the weekend. Living that close to the Chain, you can beat the hell out of that water whenever you want.

Pewaukee has some excellent musky.
Delavan has yielded some large fish recently as they're finally coming of size. Yet their population is low.
Silver has a lot of smaller fish but a few hogs are present.
Shabbona has a 10HP motor limit but holds the most fish per acre in the entire state of IL. It is also the most pressured body of water in the state.
Pierce Lake in Rock State Park has a population.
Loon Lake holds some decent fish.
These are just a few.
But to be completely honest with you, I focus most of my efforts up by where you are from.
Nothing around here can really compare to the waters like; Dubay, Petenwell, Castle Rock, Squirrel, Minocqua Chain, LDF Chain, Clear, Rainbow and the thousand other lakes up there.

Last edited by Esox Tracker on 12:15am - Feb 22,06, edited 1 time in total.
 Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:22pm - Feb 21,06 
Let me know, I own a cabin on the lac do flambeau chain!!!

BIG fish!!! but there rare, I plan on fishing daily thjis coming year. Honetly only caught a few in life, my dad used to fish the PMTT or the musky tour and been around it all my life. Now I moved out on my own havne't got a line wet in a long time. Now I have my act together got a boat, and time on my hands..!!!

Im very pumped for this season!! I plan on pouding the local waters hard this year!! :D

As you can tell Im very excited...

You guys will be seeing alot of me around here!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:27pm - Feb 21,06 
Thanks Esox Tracker

For all your help!

MY parents live on Dubay, and we own a place on Moss Lake on teh lac do flambeau chain. Minocqua chain, spent many hours only seen some, never caught any worth braggin about...

If you see a little skinney kid in a bas tracker whippin 'ski baits say HI!

Last summer we were in a local pond here in town, and tons of bass but I got word of a few muskies roaming the pond. Casted for 4-5 hours saw over 10 fish over 40+ inches...maybe it was the same fish but who knows.!! :D

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:28pm - Mar 14,06 
ANYONE else have any owrds of wisdom for me

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:37pm - Mar 23,06 
Wish I had words of wisdom for you, but I am in the same boat as you, I will be a greenhorn in 37 days as I will be moving back there as well. I think with the muskie fishing - nothing beats time on the water dude.

Board index » Lakes » Fox Chain
Jump to: