Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:39pm - Feb 2,06 
1 bit of advice is to stay away from the chain on the weekends. My best memory up there was when it flooded 2 years ago and we had a friend on bluff whos pier was the only one left and i have never caught so many 16" or bigger lmb

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:53pm - Feb 2,06 
You can get away from the weekend crowd you just have to have a boat that can go in shallow water,and find fish. I'll show this summer if your up there.

Profile WWW  

Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 10:56pm - Feb 2,06 
I agree Fish81156. Lot's of places to fish when the weekend warriors come out. Many of the channels on the chain are shallow at their openings. If you venture further in, you can find deeper water that will hold some pretty nice fish. 8)

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:10am - Feb 3,06 
Would you be able to share location of a few of these channels. How deep of water at entrance? :lol:

Chitown-Angler

Location: South Elgin, IL :: 04' Blue 1700 Lund Explorer, 115 4-stroke Yammie

Post Posted: 11:09am - Feb 3,06 
~1ft.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:45pm - Feb 3,06 
There are some spot that are like pond prowler said about a foot in the begining but then drop to 2 and 3 feet. My old tracker is a modified v so basicly it a john boat so I can trim up the motor get out the push pole and get it accross about 8" of water that kinda way I decided to keep it I cant run as fast as the big motor glass boats but they cant fish where I can. I've been going over maps the past couple nights and checking creeks and streams I going to spend a few days the begining of the season just checking them out to see where I can and cant go. Its great to be able to pole into a spot where most people cant get to no noise just a quite drift and the sound of the lure in the water and the fish on the line. You have to be very quiet in these areas if you drop something in the boat in 2 or 3 ' of water about 5 to 6' accross the fish are gone go find another spot.
About the hardest thing about it is not being able to turn the boat around if you cant get all the way through you have to push pole backwards out of it but hopfully it was worth getting in there in the first place. (FISH)

Profile WWW  
Post new topic Reply to topic Latest Topics  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Lakes » Fox Chain
Jump to: