Author
Search for:
Chitown Bird Dog

Post Posted: 08:49pm - Nov 28,05 

Arrived at the Chain at 7:30 AM with my buddy only to discover Pistakee Bay frozen over. :shock: Looked at my friend and asked him what he thought. He felt it was no problem; probably less than 1/2 inch of ice. Well, it turned out to be an inch and 1/2. We were able to bust thru it with the trailer, and within 35 minutes were able to turn the boat around. For the next hour, we started our "bashing journey" to open up an area to fish around. It never occured to us what day and time it was and we were greeted by a lakefront owner with some nasty words for us, while he was standing in his morning robe. :argue
What are you gonna do?
Finally, we got an area opened up about the size of two olympic sized swimming pools, and started jigging back and forth. This turned out to be unsuccessful, so I tied up a slip bobber and within ten mins. got a decent walleye. I picked up one more an hour later on a jig and that was it. I guess you could say it was a worthwhile day! :D

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:28pm - Nov 28,05 
I just got a flash back of playing ice breaker with the captain a few years back. Hope he managed to keep his transducer and trolling motor in one piece this time. I'm surprised there was that much ice out there i figured it had warmed back up and got rid of it. I was going to head up there sunday myself but some family stuff came up. I don't think its worth all that trouble to get a few eyes though. It would be funnier to put on the waders and go hit the river for some wopper eyes Got this chunker a few years back out of the kank on a jig n a minne

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:32pm - Nov 28,05 
Man i thought i had the image thing figured out. To tired time for bed. The pic i was trying to attach is in my gallery

Support Staff

Post Posted: 10:51pm - Nov 28,05 
:mrgreen:

Ignorance and Apathy, I don't know and I don't Care. W.C. Fields

Profile WWW  

Chitown Bird Dog

Post Posted: 09:45am - Nov 29,05 
Thanks again bear! :?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:34pm - Nov 30,05 
Ya no kidding thanks bear. I would rather tie a back to back uni knot in december with 40 mph winds than figure out this computer stuff. Making posts and replys on chi town has really helped me finally get busy learning

Support Staff

Post Posted: 07:21pm - Nov 30,05 
No problem, what you need to do is first get to the page with the full picture, not the thumbnail. next do a right click over the picture and highlight properties. Then highlight and copy the entire address. paste it in your post, highlight what you just copied and then click the "img" button. that will insert the code you need and all done! let us know if you need anymore help.

Chas...once again you are showing me the fox is woth another shot. b/t your posts and JDshoef's I need to give this body of water another shot! Too bad I still don't live 20 minutes away :(

Hadley...that is a monster esp from the Kank! :shock:

Ignorance and Apathy, I don't know and I don't Care. W.C. Fields

Profile WWW  

Board index » Lakes » Fox Chain
Jump to: