Author
Search for:
Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 06:22pm - Nov 8,05 
Was able to hit the north Fox from 1 to 3:30 today. Launched at Oak Point and was surprised to see four other trailers there during the week. Water temperature at 49-50 degree's and a bit high with some current from the recent rains. I trolled south to the main park hoping to get another chance at the mystery fish but all I could "drum up" was a drum.

It hit a crank. :lol:

Tossed a 1/16 ounce red bubblegum jig and got a single striper in 6 foot of water. Lots of fish being marked but no other bites.

Since the open water fish did not seem to be cooperating, I decided to hit the wood and see what I could come up with and was pleased with this eye.

No nibblers today. Every bite was solid and turned into a fish. Thought for sure I would bang some crappie at my favorite tree. They could be seen under the brush chasing minnows out of the water but only got two with this one being the biggest.

As the sun was getting behind the trees, I got one more 'eye a bit smaller than the first but a bit chunkier.

Both Walleye came off a green 1/16th jig and minnow in 7-8 foot of water. Casting upstream and letting the current drift her down into the wood was the key. The crappies were taken with a slip bobber and minnow right on shore in the brush.

So no big fish story today but I'll take these results over saturdays anytime. It was great to get out finally during the week again. All fish C&R'd today. :wink:

Profile WWW  

Support Staff

Location: SW Florida, Smokercraft 192 Ultima,115 4 stroke Mercury.

Post Posted: 07:15pm - Nov 8,05 
Yep, just as I thought, just a matter of time... Nice job JD.. Should just get better for ya the next couple weeks.. :D

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:56am - Nov 9,05 
With the rain we got last night things should be waking up a little now and giving you some of the current your looking for on the fox.

No swivel issues this time out JD?

When do they draw the lakes down?

Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 06:50am - Nov 9,05 
No swivel problems, they were all removed Saturday. :lol:

Drawndown has started and the water was dropping but this last rain has it back up to about normal level. Would love to have this weather hang around for a while. It's nice to feel cold fish come out of the water again.

Definately my favorite time of the year :wink:

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:02pm - Nov 9,05 
Way to go JD. not bad for two and a half hours, might hit the river on Sunday. Gonna hit Geneva on Friday instead of Ktown harbor. Good luck. :)

Boneman

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:15pm - Nov 13,05 
Well, ended up going to Geneva and managed to land two perch between two people for a whole day of fishing. The day started good with low winds and mild weather but got windier through out the day. We marked a bunch but nothing was biting. Everyone we talked to had about the same success. Of course as we were leaving it started to settle down and be pretty nice out. Still a good day to be out.

Boneman

Board index » Lakes » Fox Chain
Jump to: