Author
Search for:
Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 07:15am - Oct 30,05 
Started out a bit later and launched at Oak Point at 9am. Water temps at launch time were 46 degree's and only raised two degree's throughout the day even though the sun was nice and warm. Wind was just strong enough to be annoying at times but sometimes it's needed for a good catch. Fish were being marked at the 5-6 foot range but were not active. Shoreline shallows produced only short bites and taps. Our main method today was 1/32 jigs with medium fatheads and we did tossed a few slip bobbers at times. Unfortunately, the walleye were tight jawed but we did get some nice white's and some slabs to save the day. The whites were taken in open water 8-12 ft deep and the crappies were taken tight to cover in 6-7 ft. One yellow bass was caught as well. It was nice to see the crappie action pick up a bit as they have been tough to locate the last few weeks.

Here's a couple pic's.

Hopefully these big crappie will start showing themselves a bit more this fall.

I would like to thank Bob, RJ, and Zac for making the trip up to the chain. It was a great day on the water. Fish did not cooperate as well as I thought they would but still got a couple nice ones.

Till Next week... Tight Lines. !!!!!

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:45pm - Oct 30,05 
I had a hard time deciding whether to hit the river or the lakes today. Went with the lakes and worked Bluff lake all day. Hit some stripers early then they shut down, got some big sheepshead too. Then trolled around with no luck. went back to my first spot and got a few more stripes. Got most of them on a green head, green body, white marabou tail jig tipped with a shiner, a few on a split shot rig. A bit windy out but a nice day just the same.

Boneman

Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 07:48pm - Oct 30,05 
Glad ya got some Bone, I was undecided yesterday but with the northern lakes starting to turn, I figured staying on the river might be better even if the water temps were a bit cooler. Next week, probably will hit the lakes again. Depends on the weather this week. :wink:

Profile WWW  

Board index » Lakes » Fox Chain
Jump to: