Author
Search for:
Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 09:12pm - Oct 13,05 
With all you guy's hitting the south Fox and having success, I had to get out and try to shake off this skunk thats been following me around. My wife and I hit the North Fox today from about 4 till 7pm. Still lots of debris in the water, "Pea Soup" is what I call it. Anyway the water temp at launch time was 60 degree's and remained within a couple degree's of that throughout the river and on the chain till we pulled out. We decided to hit our favorite trees along shore and were pleasantly surprised with some nice Crappie and White Bass.

Within an hour we caught over 20 whites and 3 crappie. Largest crappie was 11 inches. All the whites were between 10 and 12 inches. The highlight of the evening was two walleye one 17 and the other 16, my wife catching the 17. :roll:

Both of these came within 10 minutes of each other and as darkness hit, the bite stopped. Assorted colored jigs tipped with fatheads was the hot bait but the 16 inch walleye came off of a spinner bait with a minnow. The 'eye's were released but we did keep a few white's for the frying pan. :)

We did head down to Fox Lake but met the Lake County Sheriffs boat at Korpans where they stopped and told us the lake was closed due to a drowning on Monday in which the body has not been recovered yet. First I had heard of this. They have divers out. Don't know if this lake will be open for the weekend. :o

Anyway, it was great to get out and shake off the skunk. It's been a long dry spell.

Nothing like boating some 'eye's again. 8)

Profile WWW  

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 09:20pm - Oct 13,05 
Quote:
lake was closed due to a drowning on Monday in which the body has not been recovered yet.

I think that was the kayaker whose boat and lifevest they found, but not him. :?

Nice catch for 3 hours JD. :wink:

Tom

Twin Fins

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:55am - Oct 14,05 
Thanks for the report. It looks like you had a very productive outing. It's sure nice to beat that pep ain't it?!

Board index » Lakes » Fox Chain
Jump to: