Author
Search for:
Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 05:40pm - Sep 24,05 
Got out at 7am this morning with contest winner RSS. It looked like a very promising day as the temperature was cool, the sky was overcast and the water temps were in the mid to high 60's. There was a nice breeze which rippled the water. As usual, we started at Oak Point and trolled down stream to Grass lake using sr5 holo's and rebel craws. Although Conditions appeared right and fish were being marked, we had no takers on the river. We then headed down to Pistakee Lake and trolled the gravel off of Eagle Point and across to Pistakee bay where we stops and worked the shorelines with spinnerbaits, minnows and crawlers. Again no success. We still marked good fish at the drop offs and had some nibbles but no solid hits. We decided to try the rocks at the mouth of the river where RSS did pick up a nice size perch and a drum using a Jig and piece of crawler. There were some large carp visible at the surface and seemed uninterested with our presence. We decided to try the 173 bridge between Channel and Marie where I had luck last week but the bridge area produced a single white bass on a slip bobber and minnow. About that time the rain started and we decided to head back to the river and finish the day with some structure fishing. We trolled back up the river changing colors and sizes but gave up with no activity and finally reached my "ace in the hole" fallen tree area that usually will produce some nice crappie but after about 45 minutes, all we had to show for our work was a small largemouth. Needless to say a dissappointing day with only 4 fish. The nicest of the bunch was the perch that RSS caught in Pistakee which was about 10 inches. So another day of poor walleye action on the chain. Other than a couple of short bites, which may or may not have been 'eye's, the dry spell continues. I am optimistic though, the water temps are starting to drop and water levels are rising with the rain. It's just a matter of time before the fall bite begins and we can put this summer behind us. :wink:

RSS, I thank you for a wonderful day of good fishing and conversation. Although the fish were not cooperating, Your wit and patience made for an enjoyable day with or without walleye. I'm sure our paths will cross again on the water. :)

It can only get better. 8)

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:38pm - Sep 24,05 
JD, First of all I can't thank you enough for the day on the water. It was enjoyable to say the least. The lack of biters certainly was not due to the lack of effort on your part. You worked hard changing presentations and location to put fish in the boat, but like I said some days are just like that. The fish will turn on soon and hopefully we will be on the water when they decide to eat.
Guys and gals if your looking for a days fishing on the chain I HIGHLY recommend JD as a guide. Even though we did'nt spank them today I could tell by his knowledge of the waterway, his confidence in presentations, and his tireless work ethic you will have a wonderful day on the water with him. Not only that but he brought coffee and breakfast burritos too :D
Thanks again for the great day on the water and I look forward to fishing with you again. Tight Lines RSS

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:34pm - Sep 24,05 
Soon as i'm done playing with the salmon an pearch on the big lake this weekend i'll be out on the chain searching for some eyes.Thanks for the info maybe i'll bump into ya out there

Board index » Lakes » Fox Chain
Jump to: