Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:22pm - Aug 26,05 
Had a chance to escape and went out on the northern lakes for a couple hours this afternoon. The water temps were in the mid 70's, so I threw on a Maribou Bucktail and a Weagle...of course. There was little to no wind out there and I saw maybe 10 other boats on my way up and back. At one point I had Channel all to myself. It was great to be out there again.

No fish, No follows...No problem(well sort of). The closest thing I came to catching was a moron pleasure boater who decided to cruise between my boat and the shoreline at full power. I mean I was parallel to the shore, no more than 50 between the piers and my boat, casting right out the front of the boat and he comes tearing across my bow about 100 feet away(right where I was fishing and where I was going to fish). If I didn't have my Weagle casted out already, I would have chucked it right at him. I just looked in amazement at this jag. He had to be in his 50's and had 3 other people with him. I mean there is the entire rest of the lake for this guy to go, but he just "has" to cut me off and blow thru the area I was trying to fish. :bang I guess he wanted to show off his boat to the people on the piers.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:55pm - Aug 26,05 
Its amazing how ignorant people can be. Very frustrating, for the sake of this post I won't explain what I would like to do to someone like that! :evil: :twisted:

Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 09:09pm - Aug 26,05 
I know the feeling Savvy. I think these idiots do it on purpose because no one should want to get that close to another boat. I've had them fly by me like that and wave as if there trying to be freindly. It's hard to believe they can be so ignorant.

The Coast Guard, Sheriff's Patrol and DNR have my ultimate support and respect but they need to stop randomly checking people in channels for no reason and start watching for activities in which you have just posted. It is this type of reckless boating that takes place every weekend and is the cause of accidents, injuries and death, while the authorities are writing a ticket for a ripped life jacket or a missing sticker at the entrance of some channel. There's plenty of Patrol boats out there and I've seen them just sit and watch this type of recklessness with no reaction. It's hard to understand. :?

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:37pm - Aug 29,05 
I intend to cast repeatedly at close boats, I don't care anymore. It's worth a $20 lure at this point. I've ALMOST, along with others, went overboard far too many times at the cost of these people.
After this season, the 60 bux wont come out of my pocket!

Profile WWW  

Board index » Lakes » Fox Chain
Jump to: