Author
Search for:
Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 09:48pm - Jul 17,05 
My designated partner took the week off due to back problems (Hope your doing Better!!) So I took some time yesterday to get out by myself and hit some areas above the state line and Silver lake area, But I notice my Lowrance x51 will not work!!!! It turns on and continually resets itself. Had to disconnect the power to stop the constant beeping as the on/off button wouldn't work. Checked all the buttons and none appear to be sticking but unit would not stop resetting. This unit is under two years old. I've emailed Lowrance to see if they will assist in any way. It has a one year warranty so a policy adjustment would have to be made. If they refuse to assist, Then I think I will refuse to replace it with another Lowrance. :?

Anyway, That changed my plans as I wasn't going up the North Fox without a depth reading to help navigate. Decided to head to the Chain and hit some of the old spots. Started trolling south but the river was like the dead sea with only one fish that got off before I could get a glimpse. Didn't feel very big. It hit a SR7 Holographic Shadrap. How these fish can shake these treble hooks is beyond me. The Northwoods Boat (Ted & Matt) were on the river and we met on the way down to Grass lake, Then headed to Minneola Bay. Picked up a 18 inch walleye in about 9ft of water on a spinner with a crawler but no other 'Eye's could be found.

By about 11am, the insanity began so we headed for the channels as to not get run over. Picked up this cat on a slip bobber and crawler right off of shore. Love catching these guys.

We caught quite a few small Bass and Gills just hitting the shoreline trees and shaded areas.

This White Bass chased a fathead under a bobber that I had next to the boat while casting to the shorelines. About 10 inches. Minnows were drawing alot of bites but not alot of fish. The crawlers seemed to be the ticket with solid hits.

Got several small cats, 12-14 inch range with the cool speckles.

Don't think I ever get out anymore without getting at least one Drum, This guy was pretty ugly but gave a nice fight.

Was surprised at the looks of this Largemouth. The head looked way too big for its body and was very thin. Most fish on the Chain are pretty healthy looking but this one looked sickly. Post spawn maybe???

Here's Ted trying to coax a bite on the bay but couldn't get the fish to commit. Water surface temps were high 80's.

Always see some natural beauty on the Chain or connected waters. This big guy was right in front of my boat and not happy that I was fishing his area. He finally gave in after one of my casts was too close for comfort.

Like I said, No matter where you look on the Chain, There is some type of natural beauty, But I took this picture for the boats name to end my post.

We did troll back up river with no other bites. By the time we hit the launch site the surface temp was 90 degree's. I drank a thermos full of ice water, A six pack of Pepsi on ice, Then the melted ice that the Pepsi was in. The only source of water left was the minnow water...... No I didn't!!!!!

We pulled out and went home to the lounge and air conditioning. Not going today, Had enough of the heat yesterday.

Still a nice day with some 30-40 fish caught and all released. :)

Profile WWW  

Support Staff

Location: SW Florida, Smokercraft 192 Ultima,115 4 stroke Mercury.

Post Posted: 10:46pm - Jul 17,05 
Nice Pics JD, especially the last one! :mrgreen:

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:24am - Jul 18,05 
JD, as always man great report. It real cool of you to keep everyone up to speed on the Chain since you seem to do pretty well each time you go up there.

And I hope you're starting a trend with the closing pictures, it's a great way to end a report :shock:

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:30pm - Jul 19,05 
Great report JD., that last pic is the reason I'll let those big boats get to the channels ahead of me. :D

Boneman

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:29pm - Jul 19,05 
was that what you would call a striped "BASS"? :D

Board index » Lakes » Fox Chain
Jump to: