Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:19pm - Jul 14,05 
Work schedule got messed up today so I jumped out on the chain for a few hours this morning armed with a dozen leeches and a dozen crawlers. Worked a jig tipped with live bait around a bridge area produced 3 nice cats, a mess of white bass, 3 small eyes, 2 largemouth, and a couple of gills(no pics). Not bad for 3.5 hour. Ran out of bait and headed for the ramp before all the pleasure boats got there.

[/list][/code]

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:33pm - Jul 14,05 
Very nice for short time work. Seems you gots the chain dialed in. With no rain, I take it still low. How about temp? Up there yet?

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:45pm - Jul 17,05 
Hey,

I recognize that bridge hehe. I consider myself an expert when it comes to fishing there. I think I've been fishing for about 5yrs, 4 from above and 1 in a boat. Walleyes have been unusually shallow under there. I have caught many this past month only about a ft down using a mimic minnow, now my favorite lure of mine right in front of a white mini mite. My personal best was a 21in walleye this spring. Got a 24in northern last summer. Try crawler harnesses when the current is moving. This bridge can be a real treat along with the old bridge further down the channel. But I usually only have luck there when the current is moving a little faster.

Mike

Board index » Lakes » Fox Chain
Jump to: