Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:28pm - May 10,05 
I got on the water at about 7:15 and started out on the West side of Channel. The water was crystal clear and the majority of the weeds were still a few feet under water. The wind hadn't really picked up yet, but it was enough to give me a good drift. I started out throwing the Weagle and rotated in a 7" suick and a black Bucktail. No takers or sightings. I then motored over to the North bay. I threw the same lures there since the weeds were about the same. There were some strands on the top, but not many. I only threw the Weagle up there and finally got my first Weagle fish. The only problem is that it wasn't a Musky. It was a 6lb Largemouth!!! It was about 22" long, but FAT. I took out the camera, only to find that the battery was dead. Nothing I could do except to let it go. A little disappointing since I was going for Musky, but a Hell of a fish anyways.

I then went to the piers on the southeast side of Catherine. I started south and was going to let the wind do the rest of the work. About 3 casts in, there was a boil just in front of the Weagle and she was gone. I quickly anchored and pounded that spot. I threw back a few more times, went to a bucktail, the baby suick and a crappie colored Phantom. No dice. I then worked the rest of the area around me before moving north on the piers. Nothing.

I then went to the West side of Catherine and worked my way up to the sand bars. No musky, but I did see a bunch of good sized Largemouth.

I called it a day at about 10:45 and got soaked when I hit Grass lake.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:45am - May 11,05 
But... a 6# largie! WOW! Great catch. Super you were able to grab a couple of those Weagles. I wasn't so fortunate and now nobody's got 'em. If you get a line on any from here to Nebraska- let me know- I'll go chase 'em! Bummer about the camera battery... always happens don't it?!

I was supposed to be out chasing fish with clients out there this morning but... a look out the window will tell ya what happened to that deal! Hpefully salvage something later in the week.

Tight lines-

Todd / Into The Outdoors

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:18am - May 11,05 
Yeah Todd, I am kicking myself in the ass for not buying 5 Weagles when I had the chance. I know several guys looking for one. Cady(guy who makes them) is going thru a bad time now and production is very low if at all. They are a really nice bait, though.

I would have loved to catch the fish on Bass gear! It was a good fight.

I am getting a disposable camera for next trip. You can bet on that.

Board index » Lakes » Fox Chain
Jump to: