Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:01am - Apr 19,05 
We lauched at the State Park and headed to the north bay on Channel. Started at the beach and worked our way up to the shallows. I started out throwing a Crappie patterned Phantom and my parter was throwing a bucktail. We were in about 25 FOW casting toward shore. Also took a few casts into the deep water. No action. Changed baits a few times, but still nothing. We decided to put on some deep divers and troll to the next spot. Once again, Nothing. The next stop was at the south east corner of Catherine working north towards the creek inlet. We started working deep water and then moved towards shore at the row of piers by the subdivisions boat lauch. As we moved in, I started throwing my Weagle. I am now a believer. A few casts in(about 10:15), I had a 30's fish hit it, but made an awesome jump and threw the hook. We continued to work North without any other action. We were sitting in about 7 feet of water casting all around to the shallows and the deeper water. Water was very clear and the weeds were still about 2 feet under, for the most part.

Chitown-Angler

Location: South Elgin, IL :: 04' Blue 1700 Lund Explorer, 115 4-stroke Yammie

Post Posted: 06:23am - Apr 19,05 
From the State Park to Channel...WOW, that's a haul...How long did that take ya'?? besides the drain on gas getting up there... :shock:

Pond

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:29am - Apr 19,05 
It takes a while, but it's still cheaper than the $10 - $15 to launch up north.

Board index » Lakes » Fox Chain
Jump to: