Author
Search for:
Subscriber and Affiliate
Subscriber and Affiliate

Post Posted: 09:22pm - Apr 18,05 
Launched this afternoon about 4pm at Oak Point State Park. They said the park wouldn't be open till Memorial day but they at least opened the ramps. Water temps were 71 at the ramp, but in the low 60's out on the river. Lots of Bank fisherman for a Monday, but we were the only one's at the launch. Water level is only a few inches below normal now. We basically fished from the park down about 1/2 mile, hitting the wood and shorelines. Fatheads under slip bobbers and inline spinner baits got us two drum, one channel cat, one largemouth and one white bass. No crappie. Had one bite off. My spinner hit the water and all I felt was a viscous jolt and he was gone. This fish bit through 10lb Fireline. My guess is small pike or muskie. Lots of fish hitting the surface but not sure what they were. New troller worked great and will need to learn the new Lowrance x67c locator but the colors and detail were impressive. Two walleye caught by other boats, one 18 1/2 on cranks and one dink on a jig. Surprised to see as many people as we did on a Monday.

Not a bad afternnon/evening. Nice breeze, warm, a few fish, Lost some bobbers but found a few more spots that hold fish. Another 30 40 years and I'll have this river all figured out.

Work looks slow tomorrow, may have to do it again.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Location: South Elgin, IL :: 04' Blue 1700 Lund Explorer, 115 4-stroke Yammie

Post Posted: 07:52am - Apr 19,05 
Great report as always JD!

How's that navigating on the Fox up there. I remember when I was little my buddy's father took us out and grounded out around Algonquin...he was flying down the middle, instead of the sides where everybody else was.

Board index » Lakes » Fox Chain
Jump to: