Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:56am - Apr 16,05 
Went out of CJs Friday morning ($10 launch + $14 Chain user fee). Tossed baits for musky and dipped minows for crappie in Catherine, Marie Channel and Bluff. Didn't find any of either. Some carp were seen breaking water here and there.
Other fisherman reported similar non results. I guess you could use waxies or worm pieces for bluegill, but we didn't go thet route. Chain was safe--no cruisers out yet. The waterway guys were just placing buoys at the usual places today. There were many PWT walleye pros in their 20 footers with 200HP + and kickers. They were jigging in 25+ feet and dragging planer boards in shallow water. It looked like were not producing either yet in their prefishing for next weeks (April 20-20 tourney. This is the 1st of their six tourneys so they are anxious. You can "met the pros" at Antioch VFW Sat (16th) 6-9pm and see their weigh-ins at Halings Marina at 3pm Wed, Thur and Friday (awards 6pm Fri). This is a unique opportunity for us. It's like Bassmaster 2000 was in Chicago on Lake Michigan 5 years ago! I think their are 120 pros (+ amateurs in all boats).
:D Water was calm and 56 degrees, visbility about a foot, water level close to a foot high. Sky: full sun. $1 pint tap MJDs(Fridays for now) at the Sandbar for lunch helped ease the no-fish day. I think fishing results should kick in with a few days while this warm weather continues.

Board index » Lakes » Fox Chain
Jump to: